By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - On the Subject of PS5 Backwards Compatibility

I wonder about those Ubisoft games, as Syndicate and a few other Assassins Creed games were said not to work with PS5.

Around the Network

Doesn’t seem to be any surprises in the not compatible section. As mentioned before, being able to play BC is a nice bonus. but the reason you buy consoles is for new games and expierences.

Anyone getting the irony how console threads now sound exactly like emulator threads?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I own two Kinects.
TWO.

None of my Kinect games are making the transition. I'll survive so I guess Sony fans will survive, too.

Jumpinbeans said:
Doesn’t seem to be any surprises in the not compatible section. As mentioned before, being able to play BC is a nice bonus. but the reason you buy consoles is for new games and expierences.

One of my main reasons for going with the XSX over PS5 at the start of the gen is having BC with all three of MS other generations, among other things.

As mentioned many times, what some might consider a nice bonus others might see as a driving factor.  Niether side is objective, but it is always a good laugh to see people try to act like their opinion is fact (one way or the other).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Better put a sticker in stores on the box that says BC with PS5. Like the 360 eras with OG Xbox games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Not that I want to play Hitman but this is seriously disappointing news
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-31-hitman-3-requires-the-ps4-version-to-play-on-psvr-even-on-ps5

Apparently PSVR, although working on PS5 with an adapater (don't know what for), will not make use of any enhancements and you need the use the original ps4 versions to be able to play them in VR on PS5. So faster loading times is all you'll get.

Still hoping that next to faster loading, frame rate issues in NMS will be gone as well as resolution scaling (for example when sprinting in RE7). But I guess no chance at higher resolutions / super sampling for PSVR on PS5. Might as well stick to the ps4 pro.

The adapter is simply a converter for the ps4 camera connector, to USB. You can request one for free if the site would load https://global.support.playstation.com/s/pscamera-adaptor?language=en_US. The new ps5 camera is not compatible with PSVR, wtf.

Shiken said:

One of my main reasons for going with the XSX over PS5 at the start of the gen is having BC with all three of MS other generations, among other things.

Not complete BC though but I guess you are aware of that?

XSX has BC with:
All XB1 games (except Kinect games)
~25% of Xbox 360 games
41 original Xbox games

Still better than PS5 BC but far from complete.

Bandorr said:
Replicant said:

XSX has BC with:
~25% of Xbox 360 games
41 original Xbox games

Better is subjective. Someone crunched the numbers and the PS4 games alone out number XB, XB1, and XB360 combined.

That's before factoring in other games.  I think there are several PS2 games that are BC as well. And maybe even PS1? I'm not sure since I don't keep up with BC very well.

Bold: Oh, really? I didn't know that.

Replicant said:
Shiken said:

XSX has BC with:
~25% of Xbox 360 games
41 original Xbox games

Unlike Sony however, MS is showing initiative to move forward with BC.  Overtime the available library will become closer to complete than a lot of people think.

With the PS5 however, what you see is what you get outside of potential streaming qith PSNow.  And that is a far cry from being able to run the games natively on the console, or use your old disc to claim ownership.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261