Half Life 11 18.33%

Call of Duty 2 3.33%

Battlefield 1 1.67%

Wolfenstein 1 1.67%

Metro 0 0%

Other 10 16.67%

Total:60

@curl-6

That was just one section of the game. The game is still as good as it was back in 2004. Not following the tedious the gameplay. Its darn good imo, with a few overpowered weapons that kinda break the game. But yeah the level design, story, well written characters, humour and action. Its all there.

Then again massive fan of Half-Life franchise. I replay the HL games from time to time. One and two are timeless classics imo. I can't think of any older FPS I like to go revisit. Maybe Duke Nukem 3D for some nostalgia and some luls

Last edited by hinch - on 24 October 2020

Around the Network
hinch said:
Angelus said:
It's still Halo for me. 4 and 5 both left quite a bit to be desired, because neither delivered the full package (4 had shitty MP, 5 had a shitty campaign), but on the whole, no other shooter comes close to the quality Halo has had for the last 2 decades.

Someone obviously hasn't played Half-Life 2 :P

Honestly, no, I haven't, and I very much doubt it would have anywhere near the same effect on me now as it did for anyone who played it back in the day.

Yeah it was huge back in the day. You kind of had to be there. It won numerous awards and is considered one of the best games of the decade by many outlets including the VGA's.

I owned a PC, Xbox PS2 and a Gamecube back then and enjoyed my fair share of FPS games and though I loved Halo playing CE. The Half Life series trumps it by far (for me).. Horses for courses ofc. Most consoles gamers will only have played Halo, hence its popularity.

Last edited by hinch - on 24 October 2020

hinch said:

@curl-6

That was just one section of the game. The game is still as good as it was back in 2004. Not following the tedious the gameplay. Its darn good imo, with a few overpowered weapons that kinda break the game. But yeah the level design, story, well written characters, humour and action. Its all there.

Then again massive fan of Half-Life franchise. I replay the HL games from time to time. One and two are timeless classics imo. I can't think of any older FPS I like to go revisit. Maybe Duke Nukem 3D for some nostalgia and some luls

The gunplay I also just wasn't feeling, as well as the pacing, neither were satisfying or exciting. Admittedly I first played in on Xbox 360 via the Orange Box years after its initial release, but it just felt clunky to me for the most part. Cool physics aside it kinda felt stuck in the pre-Halo era.

Have to play it on PC, the game wasn't built for consoles, or to played with a gamepad. Should you ever have a chance to play it, play it on PC, with a keyboard and mouse; its a difference experience. The game is cheap as hell now and will run on a basically a toaster lol :P Not trying to convince or change your mind btw, just saying.. the game might not be the one for you.

Last edited by hinch - on 25 October 2020

Around the Network

Probably Borderlands or CS. I didn't even think of Far Cry because it's just so much more than just an FPS to me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nothing topping CE-Reach Bungie Era Halo to me. Half-life would be my 2nd pick.

I voted Half Life, even though my avatar is the Chief and Doom guy, Half Life as games are simply better in my opinion, however interms of long term series, ill have to give it to Halo, its been the best FPS for a longer period of time.

I prefer Killzone even though the game is not a massive success.

hinch said:

Have to play it on PC, the game wasn't built for consoles, or to played with a gamepad. Should you ever have a chance to play it, play it on PC, with a keyboard and mouse; its a difference experience. The game is cheap as hell now and will run on a basically a toaster lol :P Not trying to convince or change your mind btw, just saying.. the game might not be the one for you.

I don't think playing with a mouse would change my feelings, a gamepad never stopped me enjoying countless shooters, including ones designed for PC. The game just didn't have a good feel or flow in my opinion.