Half Life 11 18.33%

Call of Duty 2 3.33%

Battlefield 1 1.67%

Wolfenstein 1 1.67%

Metro 0 0%

Other 10 16.67%

Total:60

Halo>>>Doom>>>>>>>>Everything else

Halo is just the best by a mile. Excellent gunplay, never had a bad entry (certainly some better than others), and is largely responsible for the rise in the popularity of the genre in the early 2000s.

Doom was the original awesome FPS, and established the genre as one of the big ones. The fact that they've managed to completely modernize the series, while maintaining the Doom feel is awesome.

Beyond that, there are many good shooters. But, I don't think any of them deserve to be in the conversation with these two, with the possible exception of COD (it's just huge). Maybe Destiny as well, if one considers that a FPS.

Around the Network

I think i would consider Duke Nukem 3D is the best FPS franchise for great campaign, fun deathmatch and strong mods community, Duke was such a motherfuck and hilarious.

Honorable: Blood, Shadow Warrior and Quake.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Half life

People loves to shit on cod but cod modern warfare 1 and 2 still the best fps i played, multiplayer of cod mw2 was so much fun.

Yeah while the more modern entries generally don't interest me, I did thoroughly enjoy most of the 7th gen COD games, especially World at War, Modern Warfare, and Black Ops II which were excellent. Black Ops 1, Advanced Warfare, and Modern Warfare 3 were fun too.

Going to have to go with Halo because of Halo 2. Bioshock is pretty close, but not really. CoD also a contender.

Doom and Serious Sam

Around the Network

Metroid Prime.

Haha.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Half Life 1+2 still unsurpassed. Counterstrike still relevant now as it was in 1.6.

https://steamcharts.com/app/730 <- Current players CS Go

Last edited by hinch - on 24 October 2020

Angelus said:
It's still Halo for me. 4 and 5 both left quite a bit to be desired, because neither delivered the full package (4 had shitty MP, 5 had a shitty campaign), but on the whole, no other shooter comes close to the quality Halo has had for the last 2 decades.

Someone obviously hasn't played Half-Life 2 :P

hinch said:
Angelus said:
It's still Halo for me. 4 and 5 both left quite a bit to be desired, because neither delivered the full package (4 had shitty MP, 5 had a shitty campaign), but on the whole, no other shooter comes close to the quality Halo has had for the last 2 decades.

Someone obviously hasn't played Half-Life 2 :P

Honestly, I quit a few hours into Half Life 2. Sure the physics were groundbreaking technically but the gameplay was just so limp and tedious. What finally broke me was that horrible, horrible hoverboat escape that just went on and on and on until I couldn't bear it any more, what should have been a ten minute sequence's dragged on for like 50, it was unbearable.

I cant pick i mean Titanfall is beastly fun every now and then, Cod is the daily meatfilling great to consume alot but not outstanding, halo for the skulls, gears for the visuals, HL for alyx, duke nukem for shit and giggles and 007 for goldeneye

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.