Call of Duty 2 3.33%

Battlefield 1 1.67%

Wolfenstein 1 1.67%

Metro 0 0%

Other 10 16.67%

Total:60
mjk45 said:
SvennoJ said:

Half-Life even though Valve gave up on it. Half-life series offers the most varied and fun game play with a well integrated story. It's a shame we never got episode 3 nor HL3. Shout out to Resistance 3 for its very half-life like campaign and fun game play. Too bad the first two entries don't really match up and the series was abandoned just as it got good.

Kill zone is a good series with great set design.

Max Payne is awesome, loved the 3rd entry after waiting for it for many years.

Wolfenstein the new order was great, but I didn't really enjoy the other entries in the series apart from Wolfenstein 3D.

The only Halo campaign that kept my interest was Halo 4. I never finished the others, great multiplayer, not so great single player or rather very repetitive single player. Doom also lost my interest. I enjoyed to slower pace of Doom 3, the new ones just feel like battle arenas. I need some exploration and story in my FPS games. I rank Far Cry and Bioshock over Doom and Halo.

If we talk individually my favourites are HL2, Killzone 2  I rarely play mp  but really enjoyed the mp in KZ2 , both Bioshock 1&2, Resistance 2 for the 8 player online co op Halo 1-3 and Reach  and i'll round it out with cod mw4 and Timesplitters 2.

Resistance 2 co-op was indeed pretty good. It's the only online multiplayer that had me hooked for a while since HL2 deathmatch. 8-player co-op was great fun. I think Far Cry (3?) also had some online co-op. It was only 4 players though and had some issues.

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
SvennoJ said:

Half-Life even though Valve gave up on it. Half-life series offers the most varied and fun game play with a well integrated story. It's a shame we never got episode 3 nor HL3. Shout out to Resistance 3 for its very half-life like campaign and fun game play. Too bad the first two entries don't really match up and the series was abandoned just as it got good.

Kill zone is a good series with great set design.

Max Payne is awesome, loved the 3rd entry after waiting for it for many years.

Wolfenstein the new order was great, but I didn't really enjoy the other entries in the series apart from Wolfenstein 3D.

The only Halo campaign that kept my interest was Halo 4. I never finished the others, great multiplayer, not so great single player or rather very repetitive single player. Doom also lost my interest. I enjoyed to slower pace of Doom 3, the new ones just feel like battle arenas. I need some exploration and story in my FPS games. I rank Far Cry and Bioshock over Doom and Halo.

If we talk individually my favourites are HL2, Killzone 2  I rarely play mp  but really enjoyed the mp in KZ2 , both Bioshock 1&2, Resistance 2 for the 8 player online co op Halo 1-3 and Reach  and i'll round it out with cod mw4 and Timesplitters 2.

Yeah individually games like Wolfenstein The New Order, Goldeneye 007 on Wii, and COD World at War/Black Ops II are up there for me, but I find the series they come from be hit and miss.

Halo. Excluding Halo 4 which is honestly the worst AAA game I ever owned in terms of disappointment and budget vs quality, but still Halo because the first three games are masterpieces and had so much content. Halo 5 at least had a fun multiplayer despite a campaign as bad as Halo 4. I also like Quake, COD, Doom, and Half-life. I used to like Battlefield, but I have not liked it in years. I never enjoyed Far Cry, Wolfenstein, or Bioshock despite the fact that I've played multiple games from each one of those series. Wolfenstein and Bioshock are games that I feel like were a waste of time and bored me to death. I will give a mention to Metroid Prime because I liked it miles more than those series. I'm looking forward to a real Halo campaign which 343 at least seems to be attempting with their open world previews. The delay is honestly fine with me and I'm hoping the Halo Infinite rework will make the story less cringe than 4 or 5. I also did not buy a switch because of coronavirus. Now they are in stock, but I'm waiting for the switch pro and I hope that the new Metroid Prime 4 will be a good game and take advantage of that upcoming hardware (either better frame rate or slightly higher resolution with same frame rate). 

A few folks have mentioned Metroid Prime; my reasoning for excluding it from the poll was that (and I know this has been an ongoing debate since 2002) I see it more as a first person adventure game, which is how it's developers describe it.

If I were to count it, it'd be #2 for me behind only Bioshock as all three Prime games are amazing.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 October 2020