By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Can mods stop deleting posts please?

No, I don't think you get it. Nothing was justified. I called out Weinermobile on abuse (which he'll deny), withdrew his ability to mod me, and he thought it wouldn't $tick. Oh no, $ is such an evil, unwanted symbol! Where is that part in the rules? Too bad. And I guess you'll have to be denied too if this is the kind of scam you guys pull around here. I've dealt with mod abuse on plenty of forums. The entire team will hide it to protect their little clan. Why should you be the exception? So thanks for your concern but you can leave now.

To Weinerhead, you can try but it won't help. You threw a pissyfit over a $, started removing posts that weren't against any rules. I called your shit, and from that point your mod opinions had no relevance to my account. If you don't like it then I suggest you try modding a different forum. I'll stop when you apologize. Otherwise go swallow a tack.

Around the Network
dpsx74 said:
No, I don't think you get it. Nothing was justified. I called out Weinermobile on abuse (which he'll deny), withdrew his ability to mod me, and he thought it wouldn't $tick. Oh no, $ is such an evil, unwanted symbol! Where is that part in the rules? Too bad. And I guess you'll have to be denied too if this is the kind of scam you guys pull around here. I've dealt with mod abuse on plenty of forums. The entire team will hide it to protect their little clan. Why should you be the exception? So thanks for your concern but you can leave now.

To Weinerhead, you can try but it won't help. You threw a pissyfit over a $, started removing posts that weren't against any rules. I called your shit, and from that point your mod opinions had no relevance to my account. If you don't like it then I suggest you try modding a different forum. I'll stop when you apologize. Otherwise go swallow a tack.

"I've dealt with mod abuse on plenty of forums."

Well, if this seems to be happening to you wherever you go, at a certain point you have to ask yourself, "am I the asshole"?

Last time I'll bother responding. Just know that it takes you way more effort to do this than it takes us to ban you. If that's how you choose to spend your time... then that's on you, but I'd suggest seeking help.

weinerhead isn't even a good insult, wienerhead is the obvious choice

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ryuu96 said:
Regarding DPSX, I'm working to restore his post history, even though his account history is so tiny, it was still a mistake.

John unfortunately can't be restored, I'm told the back up is only a couple weeks, I'm going to see if we can restore some of his post history from beta site at least, it won't be the entire thing but it will be up until mid-2020 at least.

I do think moderation went one step too far regarding John.

Imo he was punished for being his own non harmfull overly expressive self, a warning should have been enough for what he did.

Many of the comments here amount to mods saying "if the mods are screwing up and you call us out publicly, we'll lock the thread. People that call us out in ways we don't like are the real problem."  I'd suggest that if one can't take criticism, and even an occasional questioning of their motives (whether unfounded or not) one shouldn't be a mod.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 25 October 2020

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Who are we talking about exactly?

The Spam Delete option is rarely used and is typically only ever used on Spambots.

I've Spam deleted roughly 20 Spambots over the course of the week who didn't post in the forums but were spamming users walls with "I want to fuck your pussy" but if he spammed that in threads too I would have still used it.

NightlyPoe requested his Spam Delete from Machina.

Thanks for that I can now let my cat peruse users walls with me again she will be happy.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

VAMatt said:
Many of the posts here amount to mods saying "if the mods are screwing up and you call us out publicly, we'll lock the thread. People that call us out in ways we don't like are the real problem.". I'd suggest that if one can't take criticism, and even an occasional questioning of their motives (whether unfounded or not) one shouldn't be a mod.

ahhh young padawan learn you must

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I apologise for hurting you.

dpsx74 said:

Your attempt of making a good point has gotten lost with childish namecalling.

Immersiveunreality said:
dpsx74 said:

Your attempt of making a good point has gotten lost with childish namecalling.

Wasn't much of a point anyway. So far, nobody else has been banned for using M$ instead of MS. Obviously there was more to it, and this should give you a pretty good idea of the reasoning.