By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Tests Positive for Coronavirus

DarthMetalliCube said:

I'm not the biggest fan of the guy - but I've already seen some utterly sickening, evil replies in this thread. Have some decency. You may not agree with his rhetoric or policies, but he's not a dictator - he's an Authoritarian right wing populist. And the 200,000 deaths in the US (of which many of these deaths reportedly had other causes anyway) are not remotely his fault. And furthermore isn't the mask supposed to stop you from giving covid to OTHERS, not from getting it yourself? Soo what does being vaguely opposed to wearing a face diaper have to do with this?

I swear some of the stuff I read related to politics makes me disgusted to be a human. It's the reason I flipped off that category for viewing on this website. 

Different masks work differently. I wear an N-95 which actually filters incoming air. It actually protects me more than it tends to protect other people, as it has a valve to breathe out. So when I went to a hospital yesterday, they required me to wear a more traditional surgical mask, which I did. 

But, let's suppose it's true that wearing masks only protects others around you. Trump and those around him should have all been wearing masks. Then they're all protected against each other. If Hope Hicks had been wearing a mask, perhaps she wouldn't have transmitted it to Trump, if she was the one who did. If all of the people at the rose garden had been wearing masks, then perhaps we wouldn't have 7 confirmed cases so far from people at the event. 

And then Trump after knowing he was exposed to someone with the virus went to a fundraising event in New Jersey. He reportedly did not wear a mask or observe social distancing protocols, when any sensible person should have known that they may have the virus. If any of those people die, I'd call that negligent manslaughter myself.

Trump encouraged people to wear masks which his own top scientists recommend as an effective safeguard against the virus. Just at the debate Trump misrepresented Dr. Fauci's masks with over 60 million people watching. Fauci for the record says "Anybody who has been listening to me over the last several months knows that a conversation does not go by where I do not strongly recommend that people wear masks".

He actively lied about the severity of the pandemic to the American people. He has promoted ineffective treatments. Claimed the virus was a Democratic hoax. He placed the task force in control of Mike Pence, a man with no medical experience. His son in law, another man with no medical experience, was placed in a key role. Instead of listening to the actual experts on the taskforce and in the CDC, he contradicted them. He is the one who politicized the most serious threat to the nation in our generation. He fought against reality, but reality tends to win.

When Trump uses rhetoric that dehumanizes and policies that kill... It's quite understandable that people are not going to be sympathetic. When Trump mocks the disabled, mocked Hillary Clinton for having pneumonia, attacked John McCain for being a prisoner of war (he likes people who weren't captured), attacks Hunter Biden for his struggle with substance abuse, and constantly attacks others in disgusting hateful ways... It's understandable that he doesn't get sympathy. When you treat people like shit, you shouldn't be surprised when they do the same in return.

Around the Network

This timeline... is not adding up.

On average, symptoms develop 4-5 days from exposure, and start out mild. Trump is hospitalized within 24 hours, which doesn't seem like a decision that would be made lightly.

If Trump was tested every day, then the most likely scenario is that he first contracted it on Wednesday. Tuesday seems the earliest. The tests could have been false negatives, or maybe the viral load wasn't enough for a positive test till Thursday night. Maybe he just wasn't actually testing all that often.

Even if we assume Tuesday was the exposure date, within 3 days he was in the hospital receiving an experimental treatment.

Either he didn't get it when he says he did (which means he was even more careless than we were led to believe), or this case is progressing way faster than usual. Which... would not be a good sign.

I think this is far worse than we're being led to believe.

DarthMetalliCube said:
Oy.. Alright folks. I'm checking out of this thread. My faith in humanity was already pretty much at an all-time low this year. Don't need to pile this on top of it. Carry on. Feel free to @ me all you want but I won't be reading. For the sake of my sanity.

My faith in humanity was lost when this piece of shit was elected through electoral college.  Look what the electoral college have given us in past two decades.   Fucking trump and fucking bush jr

JWeinCom said:
This timeline... is not adding up.

On average, symptoms develop 4-5 days from exposure, and start out mild. Trump is hospitalized within 24 hours, which doesn't seem like a decision that would be made lightly.

If Trump was tested every day, then the most likely scenario is that he first contracted it on Wednesday. Tuesday seems the earliest. The tests could have been false negatives, or maybe the viral load wasn't enough for a positive test till Thursday night. Maybe he just wasn't actually testing all that often.

Even if we assume Tuesday was the exposure date, within 3 days he was in the hospital receiving an experimental treatment.

Either he didn't get it when he says he did (which means he was even more careless than we were led to believe), or this case is progressing way faster than usual. Which... would not be a good sign.

I think this is far worse than we're being led to believe.

A poster here a while ago (some hours) said his symptoms are mild.

However I just went to a read a news paper, and it said inside sources have claimed that he is actually very tired, and has trouble breatheing.
And was supposedly rushed to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.  Which doesn't sound like mild symptoms.

Also your right, if he was just tested positive, and they caught it early on, its odd to say the least that he would get so sick so fast.
Either they dont know when he got it, or his body is not doing a good job fighting off this virus.

The good news is he's not doing the Bullcrap non working treatments he himself promoted to others (hydroxychloroquine).
Hes getting Remdesivir, and doesnt need full time oxygen or such yet.

This place never disappoint in its disgustingness, how it has fallen. Hope all of you that show no sympathy burn in hell

User was banned for this post - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 03 October 2020

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
DarthMetalliCube said:
Oy.. Alright folks. I'm checking out of this thread. My faith in humanity was already pretty much at an all-time low this year. Don't need to pile this on top of it. Carry on. Feel free to @ me all you want but I won't be reading. For the sake of my sanity.

My faith in humanity was lost when this piece of shit was elected through electoral college.  Look what the electoral college have given us in past two decades.   Fucking trump and fucking bush jr

Thats not lost faith in humanity, but instead in the foundations of the US election system.
Its a stupid system to use in todays world, you guys should update it.
Back in the 1700-1800's it made sense because the US is such a big country.
Today? you can be on the otherside of the world, and send (e)mails and such near instantly to one another.

US should have a more fair election system, were all that matters is the popular vote (most votes = winner).

melbye said:
This place never disappoint in its disgustingness, how it has fallen. Hope all of you that show no sympathy burn in hell

Thats very nice of you.
Hopeing others burn in hell.
What a good guy you are.

Just out of curiousity did you express sympathy for trump in this thread, before you made this comment?

Also lets be real, what does sympathy for trump matter on VGChartz?
You honestly expect the president to come to this forum, read this thread, and get sad seeing people arnt expressing their sympathy?
Sympathy expressed here wont cure him, or have him get better any quicker.

Also the reason some here are saying they have no sympathy for him, is because he has never expressed such for others that got the same illness.
Hes a super ego, and pathalogical narcasist, thats basically incapable of careing for other people. He only cares about himself and how he's percieved, if he chooses to act decent (which he very often doesnt).

Remember "It is what it is"?
200,000+ dead, and his answear is "Hey I did a fantastic job, atleast it isnt 2million".

Also I havnt wished him any ill will in this thread.
Infact I said it was good that hes getting Remdesivir (something safe and proven to work) and not the hydroxychloroquine, which his followers seem to think is the cure-all (even if proven it doesnt work, and is unsafe).

I just think its odd to come into a thread, the first comments you make are basically "I hope you all burn in hell".

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 03 October 2020

I wish the president and the first lady recover fast.
This is unfortunately distracting from the political discussions that should be going on, where Trump has been a complete dissaster.

Rule of thump of 2020 seems to be, whatever can go wrong will go wrong. Why a pandemic in the most important election year, when the worst president in history is in office and fails to do anything about? Why police brutallity and huge protests while the president is fueling division? Why did Ginsburg have to die just 6 weeks before the election? And why did Trump have to get sick now?
The way things are going Trump will probably be reelected in an undemocractic way, and the country will explode.

JRPGfan said:
sethnintendo said:

Thats not lost faith in humanity, but instead in the foundations of the US election system.
Its a stupid system to use in todays world, you guys should update it.
Back in the 1700-1800's it made sense because the US is such a big country.
Today? you can be on the otherside of the world, and send (e)mails and such near instantly to one another.

US should have a more fair election system, were all that matters is the popular vote (most votes = winner).

Id rather go for proportional reputation. It is a far superior system than winner takes all.

Trump will be fine, he’ll probably be out of the hospital in days.