By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How you goinng to Cyberpunk in 2077?

Tagged games:

How will your Cyber Punk in 2077?!

Buy at launch and then ge... 11 50.00%

Buy at launch, don't care... 0 0%

Won't buy until they're i... 3 13.64%

Won't buy until they rele... 1 4.55%

Won't buy unless the rele... 1 4.55%

What is a cyberpunk? What are video games? 6 27.27%

Total:22
Leynos said:
ironmanDX said:

Second hand not an option?

It is. But by that point may just see if a used GOTY with everything on disc edition is avail.

Fair call. I'm pretty disappointed on the crunch news too tbh.

Around the Network

I'll buy as soon as players report that the game is mostly free of major glitches and bugs. My guess is that will 4-6 weeks after launch. I'm planning to do XBSX before PS5 next gen. So, if I have the new XB by the time I buy the game, I'll play it there. If I don't have the system, I'll play it on PS4 Pro.

shikamaru317 said:
Buying at launch and doing playthrough number one as a combat focus Nomad build on my Xbox Series X through backwards compatibility with Xbox One X settings. Later, when the actual Xbox Series version is ready. I'll play it a 2nd time and do a stealth focused Corpo build that time.

Me too!! DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?

Seems as though this game will have quite a bit of replay-ability, which is a good thing after hearing it's story is shorter than the Witcher 3's was.

Probably end up buying it next year, when I get my hands on a 3080. I wanna play the game at it's best, and it might end up getting cheaper for me by next year.

Last edited by Chazore - on 02 October 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Leynos said:
I don't support crunch culture. So interest is lost. I love Cyberpunk settings. I thought about getting this down the road when I had a PS5 but not anymore.

Employees working extra hours/days for a few months is going to make you skip out on a fantastic game?  Not supporting the game gets those same employees laid off from future titles. 

Around the Network

Didn't think about the cross save bit. Looks like it will have to be once there is a next gen update. Hoping I can buy on next gen disc so u can trade it in once I'm done.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Leynos said:
I don't support crunch culture. So interest is lost. I love Cyberpunk settings. I thought about getting this down the road when I had a PS5 but not anymore.

Employees working extra hours/days for a few months is going to make you skip out on a fantastic game?  Not supporting the game gets those same employees laid off from future titles. 

Your post is a false narrative.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Getting it on GOG next year, I need my new rig to play this.

Leynos said:
Dulfite said:

You forgot to add "When they release a patch that enables disabling of nudity/sex and severe language" option. Another words, when they add the consumer friendly option to allow people to enjoy art the way they wish.

Movies have TV versions that are family friendly. Music has radio versions. Why can't video games have family friendly versions?

Sorry for the DP but that will never happen. It's a Cyberpunk setting. You don't have cyberpunk without sex, nudity, and swearing. Cyberpunk is a setting in a downfall of society that is more crass and degenerate. That's the entire point. It would make as much sense for a game like Dark Souls to remove the gore and violence.

Battle for NY/LA didn't have sex in them, nor did a ton of other dystopian 80's future films. Have we degenerated so far as humans that we can't come up with good stories to tell that don't involve sex?

And again, any inappropriate film has versions for TV that don't show that stuff, as do songs, so why can't games? I watched Game of Thrones on VidAngel, which can block all sex, profanity, intense graphic violence. I still understood and enjoyed the story. 

Buying day infinite, as in most likely won't. I have lost faith in this game and the developer.

I was going to wait for a next gen version anyway. Cyberpunk setting should be very pretty in HDR. However the game play doesn't look all that good and CDPR has burned their bridges. First by delaying not long enough so everyone had to scramble and cancel their summer holiday plans, after already working very hard to meet the original deadline. And now they tack some more mandatory overtime on top.

From a no crunch promise to mishandling the project leading to over a year of crunch. I don't believe for one second there was no crunch until now, it typically starts many months before the original release date and keeps going for day one patch and DLC. And in the case of Cyberpunk, they still have to work on next gen and multiplayer once the single player is out the door.