By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [Update: Switch Won] Switch, PS5 and Series X/S - What 9th gen console will sell most this Holiday?

Which 9th gen system will sell the most this Holiday?

Switch 102 67.11%

PS5 44 28.95%

Series X/S 6 3.95%

Total:152
RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:

It was so simple. Nintendo always fucks things up. Damn sorry ass Wii U. Everyone else makes hardware that gets good support for 10+ years. Meanwhile Nintendo muddies the waters with this 4-6 year bullshit. Sony and Microsoft should jump right into "Gen 10" instead of catering to Nintendo and their Gen 7 level home console/Gen 9 portable.

It isn't the Wii U that is the reason why half the people have trouble to determine generations. It's the Vita and Sony's ensuing exit from the market. If the Vita had seen a successor in 2016 or 2017 when it would have been due, then Switch would have been universally recognized as gen 9, because people would have figured that the Vita successor isn't the same gen as the Vita.

Regardless, it's still Nintendo's fault that we got into the current situation. They smashed Sony's handheld business to a bloody pulp. Nintendo is just too good.

Gawd damn Nintendo. 😠

*Shakes fist*

Around the Network

So this is the november and december period. right? Yeah theres no way the Switch doesn't outsell both xbox and ps5.

silly question. PS5 is hugely supply constrained. 10 mil by March 2021.

Switch should take this easily enough. PS5 won't have the supply to compete in sheer numbers and Xbox brand simply lacks the traction right now. Next holidays will be a lot more interesting.

Switch. No doubt.

Switch is killing it this year and PS/Xbox will be limited by stock.

Around the Network

Which ever can stock more between Switch and PS5

Everything from everyone will sell out. Switch has been selling out consistently since March. It comes down to who makes the most product.

The Switch by a long shot. I'm sure PS5 will have a big launch holiday, but it won't come close to a Switch that will be capping off a close to 30 million selling year. Switch already easily outsells the best PS4 holidays, and PS5 at launch is not gonna be hitting peak holiday PS4 numbers. Switch will probably sell in November and December as much as PS5 and XboxSeries sell combined.

Otter said:

Why has no one bothered to put numbers?

How much do y'all think Switch vs the others?

And genuine question as I have no idea what normal holiday sales/shipments are for console launches  or for systems like the Wii/DS/PS2 etc

Shipments numbers Q3

Switch - 15 million

PS4 - 7 million

XBS - 5 million

Switch Nov+Dec > 13 million

Last year the Switch sold 10.8m in the last 3 months in the holiday period. I don't see more than last year when PS5 and the new Xboxes are coming out. It doesn't seem to be based on any reality. I would expect the PS5 to have stock around 8m if their aim is 11m by March, and I would expect these to all be sold. On top PS4 will no doubt still sell several million worldwide. If Microsoft's aim is 5m I expect these to go too. There is no Switch lite boost this year and no huge must have games. I can see the win if there are sales for the Switch but I'm thinking less than a million over PS5.