By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Has Put Themselves Back In The Game!

You do realize that you are not Xbox, right? You don't benefit at all from Microsoft keeping certain games exclusive. Your bank account won't grow and you won't live a longer and more fulfilling life. It's just video games, bro.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 28 September 2020

Around the Network

what everyone here seems to be missing is that the topdog in the console market has the tedency to get sloppy when on top, if you ignore past few generation i don't know what to tell you all. when these guys get sloppy, quality and benefits for me as consumer go down.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Microsoft is not going to make the games exclusive. They already gave up on the console war and are going subscription based. They care very little about selling systems now and only want to maximize game sales. So that means having their IP’s available in as many places as possible. Hence why there are Xbox Games on android, PC, Nintendo and Sony platforms.

drinkandswim said:

Microsoft is not going to make the games exclusive. They already gave up on the console war and are going subscription based. They care very little about selling systems now and only want to maximize game sales. So that means having their IP’s available in as many places as possible. Hence why there are Xbox Games on android, PC, Nintendo and Sony platforms.

Well they care about game pass subscriptions so thats the reason why they should keep games exclusive on xbox. Selling games on ps5 wont make much profit for MS and thats why it wont make any sense to give games to sony.

While I understand the competition argument and that it is good for the customer, this mass 3rd party studios purchases can lead to a two-party system, which in reality isn't that rosy. Fewer platforms mean fewer potential customers and decrease in revenue, meaning that hardware manufacturers would have to cover some of this cost, which could translate to either more subscriptions, microtransactions, more expensive software (and hardware), or all of them combined. Not to mention the obvious, one more extra piece of hardware, you wouldn't need otherwise, and all other costs that come with it. It's a double-edged sword.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
what everyone here seems to be missing is that the topdog in the console market has the tedency to get sloppy when on top, if you ignore past few generation i don't know what to tell you all. when these guys get sloppy, quality and benefits for me as consumer go down.

PS3 Sony did, we don't know about PS5 Sony but GOW2, GT7, Horizon 2, Ratchet, Miles Morales, Demon Souls Remake(insane) etc already announced and have dates in a short time frame (some will get delayed obviously) leads me to believe they wanna keep being PS4 Sony and ride this wave.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Appreciate the sentiment. Console wars are at their best when both sides put up a fight think we can all agree on that.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ArchangelMadzz said:
kirby007 said:

PS3 Sony did, we don't know about PS5 Sony but GOW2, GT7, Horizon 2, Ratchet, Miles Morales, Demon Souls Remake(insane) etc already announced and have dates in a short time frame (some will get delayed obviously) leads me to believe they wanna keep being PS4 Sony and ride this wave.

Those are the devs, he talking Sony execs and policies. Now they aren’t 2006 levels of bad but it’s things like non transparency/misleading messaging (cross gen), and things like charging for the Spiderman 2018 remaster only with Spiderman MM and not making it free to upgrade for original purchasers. Compared to Xbox smart delivery it looks greedy on Sony’s part. Then it’s just other things like not doing day 1 exclusives on PS Now because they want more money upfront or not putting effort in their BC program like Xbox is. Imo I’d also count the Marvel multiplat exclusive Spiderman deal. Not cool to lock it.  

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'm an adult so I no longer think its cool when other people don't get stuff. I'm also glad that MS are being competitive, but that mainly stems down to Gamepass, Xbox All Access and not exclusivity. MS will push Sony to be more consumer friendly and explore more pricing options in future as well as increasing the value proposition of their streaming. However I have zero interest in Sony retaliating with buy outs unless its existing partners like Bluepoint or untapped teams like Ninja Theory.

Darwinianevolution said:

Multiplatforms should be cherised and protected as much as possible. While I understand and accept the necessity of exclusive games, just taking multiplats and putting them under an exclusivity wall doesn't add value, it takes away from other by limiting the amount of people that can play them. I dread a future where console wars devolve into who buys the most studios.

Actually it does, for me anyway. I play these games day 1 for my monthly sub. If Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, Fallout 5 etc. are multiplat I’d have to pay full price to play them. But now I know I’ll save money playing them on GP. Case in point Doom Eternal coming next week and I didn’t play it yet. More value for me. 

Good thing Xbox is super accessible. Worst case just stream it on your android phone. No pricey console necessary. And I’m told that every PS fan has a working gaming PC so you all set right? “I don’t need Xbox I can just play their exclusives on PC” ;)