By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Has Put Themselves Back In The Game!

sales2099 said:
padib said:

This.

I think that people have taken a habit of bashing xbox. As a Nintendo fan, I know exactly what this is because Nintendo was the laughingstock for a few generations, until they picked themselves back up.

Now, Microsoft has finally figured it out. I think xbox fans should understand what is happening and support Microsoft, talk about what's happening and buying their games to show support.

At the same time, the fans need to be vocal about how digital gaming already kind of ruined movies with Netflix, where some favorites are simply stripped of the store without much notice, making us kind of slaves to the system. I hope this never happens with gaming.

Gamepass aside, MS is definitely making all the right moves right now and we need to encourage that because better competition makes for better gaming overall.

Let's see what cool things this new pressure on Sony and Nintendo brings out in the market!

In regards to GP, 1st party games are never removed and 3rd party games give 1 month notice before leaving. And even then you can buy the game for a discount if you like.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft chooses which games to remove based on what I want to play next.

Wanted to play MGS Collection, gone. Wanted to play Panzer Dragoon, gone. Finally gonna try out Red Ded Redemption. Nope.

I swear, it's a conspiracy aimed directly at me.

Around the Network
padib said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm pretty sure Microsoft chooses which games to remove based on what I want to play next.

Wanted to play MGS Collection, gone. Wanted to play Panzer Dragoon, gone. Finally gonna try out Red Ded Redemption. Nope.

I swear, it's a conspiracy aimed directly at me.

I know you're kidding, but things could change over time. The transition to digital doesn't happen overnight and in the end always led to the same for music and movies: control in the hands of the owners of the service.

So stop making fun of me! ;)

No. I'm telling you. They're out to get me. 

Don't fuck with me. All I have to do is think of a game, and it will be gone by tomorrow. All of gamepass could shut down...

Yea MS has changed quite a lot imo. Personally I never cared much for Xbox until now.

Xbox has always been a console that never appealed to me cause it never had that key reason for me to buy it.
Nintendo has Nintendo games
Playstation had jrpgs and some Sony exclusives
PC has hentai games and performance (and these days, tons of jrpgs and uncensored Japanese games)
Xbox had the "dude bro" stuff like Halo and Gears which while great games never felt great enough for me to plop down the price of admission. And since I am a PC gamer, the other "dude bro" games like Cod that I do play, I can play those on PC with better graphics/performance without paying the monthly fee.

With the new generation though. I finally put my money down for a Series X via All Access after skipping 3 generations of Xbox. Not only is MS pulling all the right moves for the most part but because All Access includes Series X, Gamepass Ultimate, EA Play and maybe Xcloud(?), it's too hard to resist! Thus for the first time, I pre-ordered a Series X and a PS5 instead of just PS5. I just hope they don't goof it up or get too cocky if it's a success.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yes they certainly have. even with the lack of a "must have" launch game I still pre-ordered the series x and plan to get a series s for the kids