By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Switch hit 100M Sold by December 2021?

Will the Switch hit 100M Sold By December 2021?

Yes 47 72.31%

No 18 27.69%

Total:65

Yes. And very likely I might add.

Around the Network

It's a tough ask but i think the Switch can just about do it! Roughly 77.5m end of CY 2020 and the remaining 22.5m CY 2021

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Probably. Especially considering a new SKU is likely by next June.

100 000 001

Next year is going to be stacked with 1st party games. Not to mention there is the potential for a new revision. Believe it or not, Switch could potentially have another year similar to 2020 in terms of sales. I think breaking 100 mil is not only possible, but probable.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Yes, and it's going to keep selling strong after that. Switch will become the best selling system of all time.

It'll only depends of Nintendo Line up and their capacity (and willingness) to manufacture. If not sure decrease the price and release Wii sport 2

Please support planet earth with ecosia and support me by visiting my website

free.

It's gonna ship around 80 million or a bit less this year. It's actually gonna be closer to 110 million by the end of 2021.

It all depends on how the Switch performs against the next gen consoles, specifically the holiday seasons. Even if it takes a month less or more than your estimate, its still insanely impressive. There's people that argue that Switch has had it easier, having to battle back end of a generation instead of directly competing start to finish... Weak argument to me as the PS4 still outsold Switch in 2017/2018. Btw, PS2 was the epitome of consistency, it sold incredibly well in its 6-10th years

Depends if production can keep up the pace and the world economy can sustain that level of sales after the Corona crisis trully settles in.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.