Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity now live at Tokyo Game Show Online

Mar1217 said:
Btw, I heard there's more gameplay tomorrow. Also, Famitsu will reveal a 8th unknown playable character in their next issue.

(..)

I hope it’s a Guardian. That would be hilarious, blasting big red laser beams everywhere.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Mar1217 said:
Btw, I heard there's more gameplay tomorrow. Also, Famitsu will reveal a 8th unknown playable character in their next issue.

(..)

I hope it’s a Guardian. That would be hilarious, blasting big red laser beams everywhere.

Oh god, yes!! XD

I can't wait to play as Urbosa!! ^^

I've seen today's gameplay footage.
Let me tell you that I'm maiming Link with a spear for the playthrough,lol.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Impa's set looks incredible. I was worried when she was being scared and running away during the cutscene but the gameplay looks good.

Looks like pretty much exactly what I expected and wanted; good mindless fun with the added bonus of getting to experience the events of the Calamity and see BOTW's story expanded upon.
I'll definitely be buying.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I'm going to buy this game, will be my second Nintendo title this year.

Still going to miss some of the wacky characters from the first Hyrule Warriors,
in this game you might only be able to play as the Champions, Zelda and Link.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Still going to miss some of the wacky characters from the first Hyrule Warriors,

Sounds misguided to rule out more characters when an expansion pass is a given for this game.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

I think I'm gonna pass on this one. For a person who despises the Musou genre but loves Zelda, the only thing that managed to cover up the insanely repetitive gameplay that Hyrule Warriors had (like any Musou) was the fanservice. It was the crap ton of Zelda characters you could play as, the maps, the music, the Zelda tweaks to the Warriors formula, the easter eggs, the sheer amount of content... all of that can make a Zelda fan happy, even if the gameplay is repetitive.

This however... the only thing this has going for it is the story. Nothing else. Age of Calamity only covers one game, which in turn makes several aspects of the game pale in comparison with the original HW. The amount of content, diversity and overall love for the Zelda franchise as a whole will be very limited because they are making a game based on one single Zelda story. Even though I love BotW, I'm afraid I won't find enough content of my liking to compensate for the inherent flaws of the game's genre.

RolStoppable said:
TomaTito said:

Sounds misguided to rule out more characters when an expansion pass is a given for this game.

Koei Tecmo sure likes their season passes, shouldn't rule that out. It can still happen.
But as Vodacixi notes this title is centred around BotW and random characters would look out of place.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
RolStoppable said:

Koei Tecmo sure likes their season passes, shouldn't rule that out. It can still happen.
But as Vodacixi notes this title is centred around BotW and random characters would look out of place.

They would only look out of place in the main story mode, but it's fair to expect a meaty secondary mode like the first Hyrule Warriors had, where canon is much less of a concern. Besides, they'll have to do something interesting if they want to sell their DLC packs.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club