By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Mario 3D World on Switch worth it?

My favorite 3D Mario by far. I will say it's best with friends.

Around the Network

I plan on getting it. Wii U was the only Nintendo system i never owned.

$60 is steep, but Nintendo is notorious for keeping the prices high. I don't think you'd regret the purchase, though.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I say go for it. 3d world is my favorite mario game

Easily. 3d World is a fantastic game that's oozing with creativity and dripping with content. Every time you think you've finished there's a lot more. Plus it's the only 3d Mario to offer true multiplayer. The Switch version is adding online co-op as well as an entirely new mode, so Nintendo is actually putting more effort into this port than they did into the 3d All Stars collection. It's a different kind of game than the other 3d Marios on Switch, but it holds its own against any of them.

Around the Network

The answer is an emphatic yes.
/thread

If a mod could close this I'd appreciate it, theres no further discussion to be had on this matter.
Good evening.

3D World is my favorite 3D Mario game, but I know that multiplayer is a big part of that.  It's still probably decent as a single player game.

Itll really depend on what u likr. I dont really like 64, sunshine, or galaxy. Sunshine because aiming was a pain for me. Odyssey and 3d world are the only 3d games ive liked. In odyssey u have a weopon/item at all times in cappy. In 3d world items are very plentiful and done go away just cause the puzzle is solve or time is up like a lit of mario games. It plays much more like a 2d mario in 3d. Its the only cobsole mario that really captures that as well. It felt like the story was slightly more substantial than past marios and i really like the nod to mario 2.