By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Mario 3D World on Switch worth it?

I beat it on the Wii U, it was fun but nothing I need to play again for a console generation or two. But I think its worth playing through for a first time. As far as holding up its better than both 64 and Sunshine.

Around the Network

It's a great game, I did slightly prefer 3D Land for some reason

Super Mario 3D World is even more fun in local multiplayer than NSMBU. You have a level map and a 500 seconds timer, so in this case it's more comparable with Super Mario World, but you are moving in 3D. The music, level design and graphics are way better than NSMBU. I would give it a try. It's a nice addition to 3D All-Stars, Odyssey and NSMBU and unique enough.

Double post

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

3D world is a 3D Mario game that plays like a 2D Mario game, rather than a collectathon.

It is not a side game, and is a true Mario game.  Yes it is worth it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Got it digital on Wii U like two weeks ago by just 20 bucks, awesome game, nice level design, full of charm, but I rather get it on Wii U than on Switch. However, for those interested in the Bowser's Fury thing, the Switch port is a good idea.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
It's a great game, I did slightly prefer 3D Land for some reason

3D Land is underrated. World has generally more creative level design, but the shorter levels in 3D Land work better especially if you're in the mood for something to pick up and play. Also, it was designed strictly for single player. Some of World's levels feel a little bigger than they need to be to accommodate multiple players. I think world is better overall, but there are some areas where 3D Land beats it. 

It's afantastic game from start to finish full of charm, beautiful levels and wonderful music. Playing this solo is already great but the multiplayer makes it even better. For anyone who hasn't already played it on the Wii U this is a must have.

Yes, I'd say it's definitely worth getting.

Starts off super easy and felt kinda slow. By the end, it was possibly my absolute favorite Mario game.