By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 13 to 19 - Mario 3D All-Stars Boosts Switch Sales to Over 500,000

Oh word it is written in the main post my bad i was in a hurry lol.
Still great tho even if it didn't beat last year.

Around the Network
Norion said:

Aww I was hoping the Switch was gonna be up YoY. Still being only 13% down is good and a few months ago there was no way I would expect it to be over 500k this week. Something of note is this should be the last week of the 3DS being above 10k.

I also was hoping they would be up YoY.  I actually think if Nintendo shipped more systems to Japan then they could have done it.  Sales are still good this week, but also Switch is in short supply in several places, especially Japan.  I think they could have been up this week if they had shipped more.

The Switch is actually up in the U.S., Europe, and the Rest of the World compared to last year with the Lite launch + Link's Awakening. But the massive deficit in Japan is what has it down overall.

Exhibit A of just how big the handheld market still is over there.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Norion said:

Aww I was hoping the Switch was gonna be up YoY. Still being only 13% down is good and a few months ago there was no way I would expect it to be over 500k this week. Something of note is this should be the last week of the 3DS being above 10k.

I also was hoping they would be up YoY.  I actually think if Nintendo shipped more systems to Japan then they could have done it.  Sales are still good this week, but also Switch is in short supply in several places, especially Japan.  I think they could have been up this week if they had shipped more.

You're probably right it could've been up if more systems were shipped to Japan. I suppose they wanna save more units for the holidays which makes sense due how massive demand will be.

Switch is just an all consuming monster at this point. Over 100m guaranteed.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Over 120 is guaranteed at this point. We're looking at like 140mil even

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
OTBWY said:

Depending on how long Nintendo is able to support the Switch, outselling the PS2 and DS isn't out of the question. A long shot, but not impossible. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Eagle367 said:

Depending on how long Nintendo is able to support the Switch, outselling the PS2 and DS isn't out of the question. A long shot, but not impossible. 

Yeah that's the dream

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

The big question; can 3DS reach 76 million, or will it grind to a halt just short of it, like how Vita halted just shy of 16 million?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

A compilation of 3 old games made the Switch's numbers jump that much. The power of Mario, I guess.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.