By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 13 to 19 - Mario 3D All-Stars Boosts Switch Sales to Over 500,000

Switch is just an all consuming monster at this point. Over 100m guaranteed.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Switch is just an all consuming monster at this point. Over 100m guaranteed.

Over 120 is guaranteed at this point. We're looking at like 140mil even

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

trunkswd said:
Eagle367 said:

Over 120 is guaranteed at this point. We're looking at like 140mil even

Depending on how long Nintendo is able to support the Switch, outselling the PS2 and DS isn't out of the question. A long shot, but not impossible. 

Yeah that's the dream

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

The big question; can 3DS reach 76 million, or will it grind to a halt just short of it, like how Vita halted just shy of 16 million?

A compilation of 3 old games made the Switch's numbers jump that much. The power of Mario, I guess.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
A compilation of 3 old games made the Switch's numbers jump that much. The power of Mario, I guess.

It was a pretty moderate jump though. Nothing crazy. It was already selling at 400k, so jumping up to just over 500k for a big Mario collection is pretty modest.

Nintendo is no doubt at the point now that they are storing up stock for the holidays and basically deciding how much Switch will sell each week. They increased shipments modestly for this week but nothing crazy.

I wonder if we'll see a 2 million week this holiday for Switch.

RolStoppable said:
trunkswd said:

Nintendo Switch sales compared to the same week a year ago are down 79,652 units (-13.49%) 

And so it begins. Switch has reached the cliff and is now falling off of it.

#NintenDOOMED

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Slownenberg said:
Darwinianevolution said:

It was a pretty moderate jump though. Nothing crazy. It was already selling at 400k, so jumping up to just over 500k for a big Mario collection is pretty modest.

Nintendo is no doubt at the point now that they are storing up stock for the holidays and basically deciding how much Switch will sell each week. They increased shipments modestly for this week but nothing crazy.

It's very possible with Animal Crossing, along with all the evergreens, in its arsenal.

There's also the prospect of Nintendo's next big game making it ontime for the holidays. Given their announcement pattern, I'd guess it's going to be announced after the Mario 3D World launch hype begins to dissipate.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Slownenberg said:

It's very possible with Animal Crossing, along with all the evergreens, in its arsenal.

There's also the prospect of Nintendo's next big game making it ontime for the holidays. Given their announcement pattern, I'd guess it's going to be announced after the Mario 3D World launch hype begins to dissipate.

What do you mean? Kirby Fighters 2 already released.

Mario Kart Live and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity are Nintendo's holiday games.

That's all they need with demand for the system already through the stratosphere.