Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware September 13 to 19 - Mario 3D All-Stars Boosts Switch Sales to Over 500,000

what a dominating number. This holiday is going to be crazy.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Only Nintendo can release a rushed port compilation and have it drive hardware sales.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Share the article here.

Switch vs PS4 vs Xbox One Sales Comparison Charts Through September 19

Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)

Market Share (Same Periods Covered)

2017 – (Week ending January 7 to September 23)

2018 – (Week ending January 6 to September 22)

2019 – (Week ending January 5 to September 21)

2020 – (Week ending January 4 to September 19)

Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year

"Year to date" sales for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2020 versus 2019 and 2020 versus 2018 is displayed.  This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.

Microsoft

• Xbox One – Up Year-on-Year 76,103 (3.6%)

Nintendo

• Nintendo Switch - Up Year-on-Year 7,318,805 (83.3%)
  • Nintendo 3DS – Down Year-on-Year 746,382 (-68.2%)

Sony

• PlayStation 4 – Down Year-on-Year 1,091,960 (-12.9%)

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Switch close to 65 million!! ^^

Wman1996 said:
Only Nintendo can release a rushed port compilation and have it drive hardware sales.

Lazy, but not rushed at all. Rumours about it started early March, it was supposed to be announced in the E3

Around the Network

I don't think Nintendo needs another big Holiday Title this year, the Switch is barely able to meet demand rn and to release another major game when demand can't be meant would just canabilize their sales. It's better to release their more major games when demand isn't as high.

2020 NSW vs. VGC 07/08/09 NDS & 08/09 Wii

Looks like NSW Q3 sell-through will be 5.5-5.8M after the next two weeks, before we get any hard shipment data from Nintendo. I'd wager ROTW/Europe will be higher than tracked and we end up at 6-6.3M sell-through and >7M shipped for the quarter (1M inventory + in-transit).

javi741 said:
I don't think Nintendo needs another big Holiday Title this year, the Switch is barely able to meet demand rn and to release another major game when demand can't be meant would just canabilize their sales. It's better to release their more major games when demand isn't as high.

Maybe not, but a second big holiday title would be nice.

CaptainExplosion said:
javi741 said:

Maybe not, but a second big holiday title would be nice.

They have two; Mario Kart Live and Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity.

Neither may be Pokemon or Smash type "big" but I think they're both noteworthy all the same. If you want something else to play on Switch these holidays there's always Immortals Fenyx Rising.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.