By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I can't get into that thread anymore

#banned

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Finally, a miracle.

I can't either and even tried in a private window. Tho I have not used it in a month or so anyway.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

CaptainExplosion said:
Captain_Yuri said:
#banned

What for?

For spamming

(idk it's a joke)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RolStoppable said:
The website code wiped the posts of John2290, but the thread doesn't recognize it as such, so it has about 15 posts that remain unread for me. Said 15 missing posts put you on a new forum page that doesn't exist anymore due to the wiped posts which is why you get redirected to the frontpage.

Try accessing the thread via Forum Index > General Discussion > Thread by selecting the second to last page instead of the most recent one. That should work.

Of course how well this works probably depends on how many posts per page you have (you can change the amount in settings). I think I've noticed some issues with threads links containing page numbers, probably when the person posting the link has a different amount of posts per page than I do.

Around the Network

Is anyone still having this issue? Otherwise may as well lock I guess.

This is the universe telling you to stay away from it.

I have a feeling if we put this to a vote that there would be a resounding wave of cheers telling the mods and admins to kill the thread. I can access it fine, but I'm not going to get in the way of democracy.

JWeinCom said:

Well not that specific thread, but some threads in general here and there. Doesn't seem to be any specific threads and it's been happening for a couple weeks now for me. Takes me to the main page instead. Only seems to be temporary overall. Sometimes if I go to the forum index, and click on the most recent page, it'll open properly in that case, and then keeps opening properly no matter how I open it, like from the buddy afterwards. Other times if I just wait and try to open it a little bit later, like 15 mins or so, it opens properly. Not a big concern for me, but figured I'd say something since it got brought up here.

EricHiggin said:
JWeinCom said:

Well not that specific thread, but some threads in general here and there. Doesn't seem to be any specific threads and it's been happening for a couple weeks now for me. Takes me to the main page instead. Only seems to be temporary overall. Sometimes if I go to the forum index, and click on the most recent page, it'll open properly in that case, and then keeps opening properly no matter how I open it, like from the buddy afterwards. Other times if I just wait and try to open it a little bit later, like 15 mins or so, it opens properly. Not a big concern for me, but figured I'd say something since it got brought up here.

Yeah. Seems to happen when we delete topics or posts within them. It's a known issue by the mods, and I'm pretty sure by the people who actually work on that stuff.