By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 38, 2020 (Sept 14 - Sep 20)

Tagged games:

So I’m going to be making some crazy comparisons for next year to pit against the NSW!!!

Get ready for madness

Around the Network
Marth said:
Switch has now reduced the gap to the 3DS launch aligned to less than 1M units.

While PS4 is now less than 50k units ahead of the PS3 launch aligned.

With no Price drop and numerous stock issues. The Switch have really proven everyone wrong. 

And RIP Ps4. Last year we thought it wouldnt be hard to beat the PS3.... but Sony had to f it up. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RFA passed Minecraft on Switch last week, passed Mario Party this week, and should pass BotW in probably two weeks. It's knocking off those second tier sellers. It'll pass Odyssey by end of year (needs to outsell Odyssey by just over 39k per week which should be very easy) and then it'll be a question of can it one day catch up with one of the current 3 million sellers like Splatoon.

tbone51 said:
So I’m going to be making some crazy comparisons for next year to pit against the NSW!!!

Get ready for madness

Do you think Switch 2021 will outsell 2020 in Japan?

I think it is possible. New model, assuming price drop on the original model, two MH games, they won't have the stock problems they had this year, and apparently Nintendo is gonna have a really loaded year of first party games, and obviously third party support is getting better and better. If they throw in a couple huge Japan sellers like 2D Mario and Pokemon remake, maybe another Ring Fit game, of course along with BotW2 which isn't a mega seller in Japan but will still be a big title by Japanese standards, I could see Switch perhaps passing 6.5 million next year. I think this year will end up at about 6.5 mil.

Slownenberg said:
tbone51 said:

Get ready for madness

Do you think Switch 2021 will outsell 2020 in Japan?

I think it is possible. New model, assuming price drop on the original model, two MH games, they won't have the stock problems they had this year, and apparently Nintendo is gonna have a really loaded year of first party games, and obviously third party support is getting better and better. If they throw in a couple huge Japan sellers like 2D Mario and Pokemon remake, maybe another Ring Fit game, of course along with BotW2 which isn't a mega seller in Japan but will still be a big title by Japanese standards, I could see Switch perhaps passing 6.5 million next year. I think this year will end up at about 6.5 mil.

I’ve been saying it was a possibility on Resetera for months. And yes or at the very least think 2021>2020 in Q1/Q2/Q3.

i have to see what they do in Q4 cuz it’s a wild card 

Around the Network

Can everyone help me make a software list for NSW next year. It’s going to be insane.

Off top of my head..... (japan releases)

+++Third Party Confirmed+++

Bravely Default 2
SMTV
MHR
MHS2
Balan Wonderworld
Rune Factory 5
Disgaea 6
No more heroes 3

tbone51 said:
Can everyone help me make a software list for NSW next year. It’s going to be insane.

Bravely Default 2
SMTV
MHR
MHS2
Balan Wonderworld
Rune Factory 5
Disgaea 6
No more heroes 3

I remember reading on era that momotaro dentetsu has the potential to be a huge seller so that should be on the list

MasonADC said:
tbone51 said:

Bravely Default 2
SMTV
MHR
MHS2
Balan Wonderworld
Rune Factory 5
Disgaea 6
No more heroes 3

I remember reading on era that momotaro dentetsu has the potential to be a huge seller so that should be on the list

Yeap that’s a 2020 game no?

tbone51 said:

Bravely Default 2
SMTV
MHR
MHS2
Balan Wonderworld
Rune Factory 5
Disgaea 6
No more heroes 3

Well Bravely Default II still has some chance of making it in 2020. Hasn't been officially delayed yet.

I think you got most confirmed third parties outside of indies. For 1st parties 3D World is the only one confirmed. New Pokémon Snap and the BotW Sequel are pretty likely though.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

tbone51 said:
MasonADC said:

Yeap that’s a 2020 game no?

ok i thought it was a January game but you're right its November lol my b