By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: PS5 day one pre orders are 3 times that of Series X and S (UPD: and 32% higher than PS4)

So business as usual?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
Well, not really surprising. PS4 sold about 3 times more than Xbox One in UK. So this factor should continue with next gen.

What ? That's not true. lol

Sh1nn said:

From UKIE analyst

Not that i am not trust you, but does she has credibility ? 

This is to be expected. Xbox sales are bound to increase over last gen due to better marketing and console. I wonder how Series X/S fared over the Xbox 360.

But yeah people are thirsty AF for a new Playstation in the UK.

Good. That will force MS to buy more studios to bring more games and keep offering Game Pass at its current price.

Around the Network

PS5 is going to crush all sorts of console launch records.

If they had the stock, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 - 3 Million PS5's sold in the first week, launch aligned.

yup PS5 launch gonna be insane.
PS4 first week was 250.000 in UK, we'll see 300.000 minimum for PS5.

And i think the rest of Europe will see even a bigger growth.

So PS5 launch will be fine? I wonder if rest of europe is up 30%+ on the PS4 as well, if its a trend PS5 is gonna have a pretty good launch.

Sony had more stock.

Both consoles sold out their allocation, the company with the more stock sold more, this isn't really news. The only news is that Sony has more PS5's ready?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Sony had more stock.

Both consoles sold out their allocation, the company with the more stock sold more, this isn't really news. The only news is that Sony has more PS5's ready?

You are still able to pre order Xbox Series S in the UK, whilst both PS5 models are sold out .

Here in Australia, Series X sold out within hours but after almost 48 hours There is plenty of Series S stock.

Both PS5 models sold out within minutes/hours and the major retailer here (EB Games) already sold out stock for early 2021.

So maybe PS5 has more stock but also it seems that demand is much higher compared to Series X/S