Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best current system

I think the best is...

Switch 52 46.02%

PS4 49 43.36%

Xbox One 12 10.62%

Total:113

PC

Around the Network

Only if Nintendo would come down on prices for their first party titles...

The main reason i don't consider the ps4 a 'sucess' is becasue it won by default, it won by basically doing near nothing becasue its competition fucked up so badly. Contrast to th ps2 which had strong competition but it still mopped the floor.

meanwhile the switch is just killing it

TheBraveGallade said:
The main reason i don't consider the ps4 a 'sucess' is becasue it won by default, it won by basically doing near nothing becasue its competition fucked up so badly. Contrast to th ps2 which had strong competition but it still mopped the floor.

TheBraveGallade said:

Sony stopped supporting the Vita long before Switch was released. There was no competing handheld for Switch besides 3DS. Switch won by default. Your logic is flawed.

Around the Network

With the Switch being my only current system you might think it wins automatically, but thankfully it earns my vote entirely on its own merits.

From fabulous first party gems like Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade 2, to awesome third party additions like Witcher 3, Doom 2016, and Hellblade, it already has one of the best lineups of any Nintendo system after just three and a half years, and with titles like Monster Hunter Rise, BOTW2 and Doom Eternal in the pipeline, it might just become my top console ever if it gets another three more years the way its going.

I also love that it's keeping motion controls alive and thriving, and offers a split controller, both of which are features I really appreciate.

PS4...I find that combination of hardware and software (though I generally don't care much for most of Sony's exclusives) stands above all other current consoles.

switch isn't even current gen,
it competes with ps5 and series x
wii u is current gen hahaha!

GaoGaiGarV said:
TheBraveGallade said:

Sony stopped supporting the Vita long before Switch was released. There was no competing handheld for Switch besides 3DS. Switch won by default. Your logic is flawed.

I see you are in denial about Switch being a home console as well.  Your comment is about as shallow as his and therefore just as flawed, of not more.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

PS4 > Switch, XBox is not even an option.
The reason why I think PS4 is the better system - even though I like the Switch more - is that I judge a system solely by the games I can play on it.
> 50% of all games I play arent available on Switch and if I cannot play the game, then the systems portabillity doesnt matter.
1st party games dont matter in that regard, because both offer fantastic experiences.

Nintendo Switch:

... announced as a Home Console

... advertised as a Hybrid

... delivered as a Portable