By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox acquires Bethesda

Phil Spencer's official theme song henceforth--

Around the Network

Wat

Flashing the cash. Wonder how this will affect the game franchises they have, mainly as not releasing on certain platforms will hurt income overall.

Hmm, pie.

That's $7.5B to increase their game studios from 15 to 23. Will there be a response?

And this right here folks... is what you all should have really been afraid of when MS started their whole gamepas thing.

This is how you make a service like that viable. You acquire studios. An what would this mak sony do in turn? They would acquire some studies of their own to.

This is going to result in heavy consolidation.Lol... pro-consumer. How people didn't see stuff like this coming is beyond me.

MS is competing the only way they can, just simply buying the market lol.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Thats just crazy. Really hope this isnt becoming a trend. If Sony or MS buy Capcom Ill fucking lose it.

Nintendo. Please. I'll lose it.

It would be a waste indeed if Bethesda games kept releasing on PlayStation.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

What does this mean?!

Metallox said:
It would be a waste indeed if Bethesda games kept releasing on PlayStation.

True. Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Doom are big system sellers I think.

This is crazy, especially because NO ONE saw it coming and it didnt get leaked at all.

I think bethesda games at the very least will be timed exclusives to xbox now. I cant imagine them being day one on playstation