By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Explains Why 1st Party Games Won't Debut Day 1 on PS Now

Tagged games:

Immersiveunreality said:
yvanjean said:

I'm not calling Playstation fans, I think it's stupid to pay full price for a game that will immediately drop in price after release and that doesn't have a multiplayer component. 

If you're truly passionate about the game and can't wait for a price drop then just get it at full price. We are all gamers and we have all done it in the past. 
Sony, Microsoft, and all third parties love these passionate gamers. But, the smart move is to pick up a great game at a great price.

Demon Souls is not a smart investment, so paying $69.99 for a game that you can get for less than $39.99 just a few months down the road is kinda stupid. I have never played Demon Souls, so I really look forward to playing it for cheap. 

If you want to support bluepoint games or the soulslike genre and it's one of the genres you love much then there aint nothing stupid about buying them at full price.

I always feel inclined to support whoever does try their best to give the consumer a good experience without much bullshit involved, but i think you mean that it is stupid for yourself to make such a purchase and that is alright although you cannot really use that fact in a reflective way against a whole fanbase.

I really don't like the 69.99 price point, you are not supporting Bluepoint at that price just throwing away your money. 

But, you are 100% correct on the rest of your point, If you really want to support them buy your game digital, the money goes directly to the studios making the games.  

Around the Network

you guys are blindly staring about the wrong point, remakes/remasters w/e are not the point that is being made here. ( you all know my standing on remasters/remakes )
its being able to cash in twice with new games, first for 80 euro and secondly adding value for ps+ 60 euro a year

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Official response: That’s why Xbox put their games on Steam/Win Store. And then you got the majority who still buy games on console. Full purchases of games go hand and hand with Game Pass.

Unofficial Response: Sony knows damn well they got their fans right where they want them. They know they can make more money from traditional sales and have no reason to transition from short term income gain to steady flow of income.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

yvanjean said:
Immersiveunreality said:

If you want to support bluepoint games or the soulslike genre and it's one of the genres you love much then there aint nothing stupid about buying them at full price.

I always feel inclined to support whoever does try their best to give the consumer a good experience without much bullshit involved, but i think you mean that it is stupid for yourself to make such a purchase and that is alright although you cannot really use that fact in a reflective way against a whole fanbase.

I really don't like the 69.99 price point, you are not supporting Bluepoint at that price just throwing away your money. 

But, you are 100% correct on the rest of your point, If you really want to support them buy your game digital, the money goes directly to the studios making the games.  

Yeah i have been buying digital for some time now because bad practices by retailers,waste of plastic,and to better support some studios.

The new 80 euros price is something i would also never give to a game that does not give enough content to be worth it , on the other hand i would give 100 euros for a Witcher 4 .

Lets say i personally rarely give full price, so only for the franchises i absolutely love and wait till deals/pricedrops for the other games.

yvanjean said:
Sony is selling you a remastered Demon's Souls for $69.99 on PS5. Remastered is a quick cash grab, can be outsourced, and a cash cow. Playstation Plus Collection is just there to soften the blow for long time Sony fan to go with the $399 PS5 All digital edition. If you enhance your game and offer them in a subscription or offer digital backward compatibility you kill the remastered business.

Demon souls is a full remake it's not a cash cow it's one of the most requested games from Sony. You can ps plus collection is excellent for all the new PlayStation gamers that will jump aboard this fall!! Most xbox fans choose ps4 this year the remaining may swap to ps5 and I'm glad of it

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Why are Xbox fans so cheap? You expect game developers to hand you their games for free? You get for what you pay for, look how cheap battletoads and sea of thieves are, even ori isn’t that impressive.

User was moderated for this post among others - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 20 September 2020

gamingsoul said:
In other news: water is wet
How some people think giving away multimillion dollar games for a miserable 10$ monthly subscription fee could be profitable, is beyond me , ms only does it because it’s one of the biggest companies in the world and their console bombed this generation. And don’t tell me Netflix does it because their original content is cheap af.

The fact that its beyond you is the reason you do not understand the model.  How can XBO, Netflix and other content providers create content where these shows and movies cost millions to make but only charge their subs 10 to 15 bucks a month.  You need to think about that for a minute and I believe it will start to make more sense.  

There's a reason why Microsoft wants to pull as many PC gamers in without them needing to have the console , to have good profit AND invest in plenty of AAA games you need to reach as far as you can.

gamingsoul said:
Why are Xbox fans so cheap? You expect game developers to hand you their games for free? You get for what you pay for, look how cheap battletoads and sea of thieves are, even ori isn’t that impressive.

/end thread

Its pretty obvious, Sony needs software sales on hardware to sustain their eco system. MS on the other hand is pushing for a service oriented infrastructure and including every device besides the PS at least for now. The 2 are on totally different paths. MS is trying to get gamepass to the masses where they have over 150 million or more subs which would sustain the service including new AAA games. Sony on the other hand seems to be comfortable with how PS now is and is not as aggressive in growing the service and thus game sales are way more important. MS already have the infrastructure for streaming, downloading service with Azure and thus is not incurring extra cost for their push with gamepass. At the end of the day, the 2 companies are on totally different paths but that doesn't mean both will not be successful, it just means who will be more prepared for future growth.