By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Out Now on Switch

Anyone pick this one up yet? It was shadow-dropped at the Partner's Direct; yet another title from Xbox Games Studios making the jump to Switch.

Looks like Nintendo and Microsoft's partnership is still going strong.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 September 2020

Around the Network

😲😲😲

Its a game that fits nintendo like a glove, unlike glover which was the most annoying game on the n64

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If they would've announce it way earlier, I wouldn't go for the PC version.....
So, it's a pass for me on the Switch.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I played this game on xbox with gamepass. Highly recommended it's my goty so far

Around the Network

I'm thinking of getting it; I'm quite fond of platformers in general and I absolutely adore Ori's style.

Only thing making me uncertain is from the looks of it the gameplay might be a bit too nimble for my clumsy fingers to manage haha

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

I'm thinking of getting it; I'm quite fond of platformers in general and I absolutely adore Ori's style.

Having now played it for about half an hour, I can't recommend it enough. It's the most gorgeous game I've ever seen, everything already looks such a massive improvement over the first one, even though that one was already so good. If it ended right now I wouldn't regret buying it.

That said, I definitely feel it's important to play Blind Forest first if you haven't already. Both the story and gameplay pick up real quick, expecting you to know your stuff and have an emotional attachment to what's going on.

Thanks; I was actually about to quote you and ask for an opinion once you'd played it.

As I say, I think it looks amazing both stylistically and mechanically, my only concern is if the platforming gets demanding that I might struggle. Mild motor impairment is a bitch when it comes to games that require high speed precision haha

kirby007 said:

Its a game that fits nintendo like a glove, unlike glover which was the most annoying game on the n64

More annoying than Shadows of the Empire or Mission Impossible? =P

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

curl-6 said:

Anyone pick this one up yet? It was shadow-dropped at the Partner's Direct; yet another title from Xbox Games Studios making the jump to Switch.

There you go!

See! And now you don't have to wait 37 months to play it, it was announced, and here it is!

I don't know if this will win you over to a tighter announcement schedule, but I hope it's a start.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
curl-6 said:

There you go!

See! And now you don't have to wait 37 months to play it, it was announced, and here it is!

I don't know if this will win you over to a tighter announcement schedule, but I hope it's a start.

It is nice to have Will of Wisps drop out of nowhere and not have to wait, I just feel like it's also nice to have Monster Hunter Rise and Age of Calamity to look forward to in the coming months. I enjoy the future looking bright and promising as it does now, and I enjoy the excitement of the run up to release.