By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Out Now on Switch

Think I'll be making both Ori games my Christmas present to myself this year.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Between the autosaves and having an "Easy" difficulty setting, plus the spruced up visuals and reports it just feels tighter and more refined, Will of the Wisps is sounding more appealing to me than Blind Forest to be honest.

Double quoting the same post is maybe a bit silly, but... Having finished the game now, I gotta say, please don't play Will of the Wisps before Blind Forest. The game hits some serious emotional notes and I don't think you're gonna be able to appreciate them without the context of the first story. These two games are really meant to be played in order. Seriously.

You're gonna love Blind Forest too, anyway. Just play them both.

Co-signed!

Ori and The Blind Forest is a fair game as for, it teaches you everything you need to know and the controls are tight. So your success depends on you, solely. For people that doesn’t like challenge, I believe that Blind Forest on Switch has an easy mode.

I co sign the above post play blind forest before you play will of wisp. Both great games and if this may put your mind at ease I played and beat blind forest while my left hand was recovering from injury(my thumb had very limited mobility)

Wating on the pile. Now playing Hades.

Still so maddeningly undecided. I'm so tempted, but the more gameplay I watch the more it makes me feel like it's simply beyond my skill level and I'll be unable to finish. This indecision is annoying me so much.

And if I were to get it, whether to go digital and use up valuable SD card space, or wait several months for the physical editions...

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 September 2020

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Still so maddeningly undecided. I'm so tempted, but the more gameplay I watch the more it makes me feel like it's simply beyond my skill level and I'll be unable to finish. This indecision is annoying me so much.

And if I were to get it, whether to go digital and use up valuable SD card space, or wait several months for the physical editions...

This might be a bit of a strange offer, but... do you want to borrow my account? I bought both games for the Switch, so you could experience the whole thing there. I'd have to work out how exactly it'd work because my account is already sitting on the consoles of several friends of mine (I never offered it to a stranger, but I'm not sure I can call you one), and there can't be two people playing the same game on the same account simultaneously. Even so, I was playing Catherine on someone else's account last week, and when the other guy tried playing simultaneously, there was a workaround that allowed us both to play at the same time, so it shouldn't be an issue. I think.

That's very kind of you and I really appreciate the offer, but I literally just a few minutes ago caved and bought both games. XD

Here's hoping I can handle them! 

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

That's very kind of you and I really appreciate the offer, but I literally just a few minutes ago caved and bought both games. XD

Here's hoping I can handle them! 

Lol ok then, I'll be hoping so too. I just saw that hard mode in Will of the Wisps apparently makes the escape sequences tougher (basically gives you less time to escape), so I assume easy mode makes them more forgiving? Don't know if there's an easy mode in Blind Forest, anyway.

How much experience do you have with platformers in general?

As a Nintendo fan I've played all the 2D Mario games, all the Donkey Kong Country games, (though I barely scraped by with those) and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff like Rayman Origins/Legends, Yoshi's Island/Woolly World/Crafted World, Kirby's Epic Yarn/Dreamland 3/Return to Dreamland, Puppeteer on PS3, Trine 1/2/4, etc.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

As a Nintendo fan I've played all the 2D Mario games, all the Donkey Kong Country games, (though I barely scraped by with those) and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff like Rayman Origins/Legends, Yoshi's Island/Woolly World/Crafted World, Kirby's Epic Yarn/Dreamland 3/Return to Dreamland, Puppeteer on PS3, Trine 1/2/4, etc.

If you got through any DKC game (never mind all of them) you're getting through both Ori games for sure. Nowhere near as hard.

Well if I'm totally honest, I didn't get quite all the way through DKCR and Tropical Freeze; I never quite managed to beat the final boss of either.

I'd also add I saved the game like a madman every getting past most obstacles in the Blind forest(I had to do this because of my hand injury) and I managed fine. The escape sequences were the toughest bits for me but not impossible and these games are definitely not as hard as the DKCR and Tropical freeze

Well, I beat Blind Forest. It's easily the hardest game I've ever beaten, and I raged a lot, but at the end of the day, I won't deny its brilliance; with a few exceptions where it felt a little cheap, level design was almost always superb, and the art, story, and music were amazing.

I don't like playing similar games close together, so I'll wait til sometime next year to play Will of the Wisps, but I'm now really looking forward to it.