By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps5 games cost 80 euros in europe...

Captain_Yuri said:

Next gen tax

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/

• Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

If they remain complete products without microtransactions/season passes/excessive dlc then I'm ok with this from Sony. Unfortunately this will also be taken advantage of by less scrupulous publishers to add another premium on top of all their other bullshit. =/

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
No way i Will play 80 fucking euros for a game digital, they are smoking crack , fucking US europeans that always supported PlayStation.

WTF? That's $90 in U.S. dollars. Why the hell are those games going to cost $70 in the states but 80 friggin euros? Makes no sense.

Their biggest market. "Heres your PS5 a week later with 90 dollar games" Thanks Sony.

Damn, Europe often gets screwed but this is next level.
Glad I already had no plans to buy a next-gen console anytime soon.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

That way they get a faster roi on that 399

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Angelus said:
No thanks. I'll just stick to GamePass and sales next gen.

Legit can’t remember the last time I bought a game at full price, and I’m pretty sure I did it with my reward points so basically free....

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

WTF? That's $90 in U.S. dollars. Why the hell are those games going to cost $70 in the states but 80 friggin euros? Makes no sense.

PS4 games were already $60 and €70, respectively. Up 10 for both currencies on the PS5.

European prices include value-added tax and said VAT is minimum 15% in the EU, so even if you added tax to the US prices, there would still be a gap.

Yep. That's what gets me the most. It's not even a 1:1 comparison. If a game costs $70 in the USA before taxes, it should cost 70 Euros after the 15% added tax.

Cerebralbore101 said:
I wonder if MS is going to do a similar next gen tax.

If everyone's doing it then so will they. It also makes gamepass more attractive. 

Ouch

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Yeah, not much chance of me getting pretty much any next-gen games at full price. Not that it's much of a change from my current purchasing habits, but at 80€, the bar for getting new games is really, really high.

Don't buy any of the games new fuck them and that shit.Even though I believe all publishers will go this route no doubt.