I'm crying like Matthew McConaughey 5 13.89%

I'm excited 4 11.11%

I'm skeptical 9 25.00%

This is doubtful 12 33.33%

False, it's false I say! 5 13.89%

Where's my life alert? 1 2.78%

Total:36

DON'T FUCK WITH ME FELLAS!

I don't buy it for a second. Super Mario RPG is better than every Paper Mario game and every Mario and Luigi story game by far. I dunno about modern Square unless Aquire (Octopath) were the ones doing the heavy lifting were making it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

if it's not by Square, I would be interested.

Don't play with me like this!!! I dont know if I'll be able to handle this!! T_T

I think i can speak for myself and arlo when i say i would be freakin psyched.

Ljink96 said:
Xxain said:

Really?

Square Enix holds their games ransom, because they know if they hold out long enough, Nintendo will bend over and do it. They've been doing that since the Wii/DS age. They dont do that SONY. All those SE games that Nintendo published, if they PS games, SE would have published them promptly.  

I'm not really in the mood to argue over publishing and who does what in terms of publishing but yes compared to where Nintendo and Square were and where they are now their relationship is much better. At least Nintendo gets Square Enix games now. And when I say Square Enix I'm mostly talking about Square. Enix and Nintendo retained and still have a great relationship in terms of software releases from the NES to the Switch. The first Dragon Quest game was published by Nintendo in the US, doesn't mean that meant Nintendo and Enix were in a rocky relationship far from it. It had to do more with understanding the market.

On Nintendo Switch, the Dragon Quest 1-3 remasters, FFCC, FFVII, VIII, IX, FFX-X2HD, XII, Collection of Saga, Romancing Saga II, FFXV Pocket, World of FF Maxima etc. are all published by Square Enix. 

There are reasons why I feel Nintendo chooses to publish some SE's games outside the US now. But that would only be speculation. The fact of the matter is that compared to the late 90's, things are much better and could facilitate more collaboration between Nintendo and SE. I know it's kind of wishful thinking as I feel some of SE's divisions feel they've outgrown this kind of work, but hey we can dream. 

I wasnt referencing 90's relationship btw, just se's own reluctant to publish their own nintendo games (excluding the ports of course)

Around the Network

Wait.... Tetsuya Nomura did hint at one of his projects coming to switch. Could he be hinting at this?....................... gawd I hope not.

Xxain said:
Wait.... Tetsuya Nomura did hint at one of his projects coming to switch. Could he be hinting at this?....................... gawd I hope not.

Super Mario RPG I.9: Luigi: The Seeker Of Darkness By Sleep incoming 

Lets re think this.

I was actually considering getting Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga remake for the 3DS, and while thinking about it, I came across the news that Nintendo registered a new trademark for the series in January. Could this rumor be slightly off and SE is actually behind a new Mario and Luigi game? Would be less exciting but it would not make sense for Nintendo to have Mario RPG and Mario & Lugi.. kinda redundant.

Last edited by Xxain - on 16 September 2020

Xxain said:
Letts re think about this.

I was actually considering getting Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga remake for the 3DS, and while thinking about I came across the news that Nintendo registered a new trademark for the series in January. Could this rumor be slightly off and SE is actually behind a new Mario and Luigi game? Would be less exciting but it would not make sense for Nintendo to have Mario RPG and Mario & Lugi.. kinda redundant.

Maybe they will kind of merge some parts of both? Nintendo has gotten real strict with not creating new characters in Paper Mario, and of that's the case going forward with M&L (which introduced a lot of non Mushroom Kingdom characters) then a reboot of the franchise lead by Square Enix and made in isometric camera could be what's happening. Take a little of both series, limit it to just Mushroom Kingdom (a decision I'm again) and there ya go.

Just speculation on my part.

Being cynical here, but maybe this is why the new paper mario has its unique battle system, just to differentiate the games more as they were planning both 🤔