By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

Jpcc86 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Wow, that really dampens my hype for the game. 

Why tho.

Its anchored to the PS4's hardware. 

Around the Network

So it looks like the only true next generation exclusives Sony will have are Ratchet, GT7 & God of War for 2021.

At the very least, it looks like SIE will be developing games at a faster pace.

With Horizon being released on the PS4?

I am holding out on a PS5 purchase till GOW is released.

Good show, great games and all that, great pricing.... but they fucked up hard on the messaging. Like its sony's Achilles heel, they just know how to uck up on their messaging.

I mean we already new that Horizon began development on PS4 but I'm surprise they didn't drop it,

Spiderman and Sackboy are no surprise, although spiderman visually impressed today.

BraLoD said:
Marth said:

Didn't the majority expect $499?

Not at all, until very recently.

People guaranteed me Sony would never release it for over $400, I even got on a bet which I basically never do.

Have I said they would never release it for over 400? And guess what discless launched for 399. Which basically met my spectations.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Well, this last couple of news make me super happy. Horizon, Spiderman, Hogwarts and Sackboy, will also be on PS4. If Demon's Souls also ends up on PS4, that means I will continue to have fun with my old PS4 Pro for quite some more time ^^

Im not sure why they didn't stress launch titles:

Demon's Souls
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Destruction AllStars,
Sackboy A Big Adventure
Astro's Playroo

Honestly this is probably their best launch line up yet. Nothing quite looks like that killer app ala BOTW, but its a great line up.

The cross gen announcements are a huge letdown. Sony's messaging is so confusing. They seem as though they want people to migrate from PS4 to PS5 swiftly yet don't give exclusive incentives to do so. The PS4 is still priced way too high so why are they still supporting it with their most high profile upcoming software. Bad move IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

This was a letdown. The pricing is understandable, probably the best Sony could do with hit on per system sold. But damn, the launch titles are lackluster imo. A lot will be on ps4, so the killer app will be Demon Souls, but that will be on the PC too. Kind of conflicted. Definitely not a launch purchase as I see it now.

Signalstar said:
The cross gen announcements are a huge letdown. Sony's messaging is so confusing. They seem as though they want people to migrate from PS4 to PS5 swiftly yet don't give exclusive incentives to do so. The PS4 is still priced way too high so why are they still supporting it with their most high profile upcoming software. Bad move IMO.

I'm actually really happy with this. I thought I was going to have to choose between either buying a PS5, or waiting 3 years for Horizon 2 to come to PC, for highway robbery prices. Now I can just chill, with my PS4 Pro, and PC. ^_^