By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Staff Writers Wanted: Deadline September 18, 2020 [Applications Closed]

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:

ssj12 tried to convince me that "an toaster oven" was grammatically correct while "a toaster oven" was not.  A worthy first ban that showed you were destined for greatness.

'Toaster' is a word like 'herb' where the consonant at the beginning is silent.

nah Toaster is adverb of oven so you need to keep track of the O

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:

nah Toaster is adverb of oven so you need to keep track of the O

That's an useful lesson, kirby.

you aren't putting it into perfect practice tho

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Is there a minimum number of reviews that a writer is expected to produce in a given time period?

Who's retiring from writing duties?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I'm very much interested in this. I play a wide variety of competitive games, and usually racking up high win streaks online in games like Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Street Fighter, etc. when the games are new, and I feel like the average reviewer isn't going to understand how to adapt past game knowledge from something like Tekken, and say, apply it to Mortal Kombat. I just haven't taken the time to actually review anything recently, and I'd like to find something and do that before submitting anything, but I'd be good for everything that's not a sports game, or MMO.

Around the Network

I think I'll stick to monthly user reviews. Considering how busy I'm currently I wouldn't be able to guarantee finishing most games before the deadlines.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well, I do love writing and I own all platforms but there's never any guarantee on how much I can get done every month or week. Maybe next time there's a call for writers, I do miss writing. Good luck to anyone applying, we have lots of good writers in here!

I sent draft review, I hope you like it :)

Burning Typhoon said:
I'm very much interested in this. I play a wide variety of competitive games, and usually racking up high win streaks online in games like Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Street Fighter, etc. when the games are new, and I feel like the average reviewer isn't going to understand how to adapt past game knowledge from something like Tekken, and say, apply it to Mortal Kombat. I just haven't taken the time to actually review anything recently, and I'd like to find something and do that before submitting anything, but I'd be good for everything that's not a sports game, or MMO.

The window for applications closes next Friday so you have time! 

VAMatt said:
Is there a minimum number of reviews that a writer is expected to produce in a given time period?

There's no quota. That said, we do want members who are active and engaged. We want someone who can contribute with some regularity.