By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what if: Sony decides to combine PS now and PS Plus?

What you think?

yes, those terms are good. 8 80.00%

No, bad idea. 2 20.00%

Total:10

I think i'd choose PS Now over PS Plus games. Yeah that seems like the better option as ps plus games do cost Sony money.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Otter said:
More than anything it needs rebranding. I thought until recently that it was still a streaming service only and I found out it wasnt through this forum, not sony lol

Sony has done a terrible job marketing PS Now.  It seems like they don't even want to sell the service.  for a while, it was a crappy service. They've improved the service, but haven't bothered to tell the general public.  Only people who hang out in gaming forums even know what it is at this point.

The con OP says is the loss of the free games every month. So it's not just adding more for the same value.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

VAMatt said:
Otter said:
More than anything it needs rebranding. I thought until recently that it was still a streaming service only and I found out it wasnt through this forum, not sony lol

Sony has done a terrible job marketing PS Now.  It seems like they don't even want to sell the service.  for a while, it was a crappy service. They've improved the service, but haven't bothered to tell the general public.  Only people who hang out in gaming forums even know what it is at this point.

I don't disagree that Sony has done a terrible job marketing PS Now. It just has bad PR. Even though the service is good, nobody knows. Not even me and I consider myself "in the know".

I do remember seeing a PlayStation Now ad on network television once and actually thinking M$ screwed up. That had what people perceive as the better service (word of mouth constantly says "the best value in gaming) but they failed to tell the public.

So, maybe they tried. They just can't overcome that initial bad press.

Streaming took over the music industry and the movie industry, gaming is the final frontier.