By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series S design leaked, Confirmed at $300 this Holiday (Series X = $500)

S.Peelman said:
Actually a good price.

I'd spray-paint the black top white though.

They should have gone with the 360 color scheme. Mainly white with grey and chrome. The black grill would look so much better in grey or chrome.

Around the Network

Great price and size of this console. Very nice. Probably the console most people need.

No physical media is a no go for me, so it looks like I'll be getting the X, just as soon as they can muster enough exciting games to make it worth my while.

drkohler said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I didn't even consider Sony being able to drop the size of the SSD. If they dropped their Digital SSD down to 412 GB (Half the size of their regular SSD), they'd be able to save an additional $50 on manufacturing costs.

Sigh... once again, do the following. Go to the semiconductor spot market and:

1. Check the price of 12 64GB nvrams

2. Check the price of 12 32GB nvrams

3. subtract 2 from 1

4. take roughly 60% of 3, as Sony doesn'tbuy at the spot market, obviously

This would be the savings if Sony cut the ssd size in half. Hint: it is less than $5

What would you do with a 384GB ssd (not even considering that the os partition takes away a good chunk of that)?

How do I go to the spot market? Link?

Cerebralbore101 said:

Google? (Who would have thunk...)

Of course you can't "go" if you are not a registered customer but you can still check many prices of a wide range of chips.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Google? (Who would have thunk...)

Of course you can't "go" if you are not a registered customer but you can still check many prices of a wide range of chips.

Sorry, I'm lost. I have no idea where I'm supposed to find SSD pricing information, by using google. Where specifically did you go?

Xbox SSD Expansion Card price might have got leaked - $219

So thats how they're making back some of the money :P But yeah don't cheap out people.. get the XSX if you want a new Xbox. Its false economy going for entry level console.

Last edited by hinch - on 09 September 2020

They are most likely making a loss on consoles. And they'll make it up for selling accessories and subscriptions.

This is a new proprietary device produced by Seagate and MS. Manufacturing and production costs will be more. Think of Vita cards vs SD/micro.

About PS5 expansion. NvME drives will drop in price as adoption rate increases. The new consoles will do that, and PC's. Since Nvidia and AMD will too push I/O in gaming.

Last edited by hinch - on 09 September 2020

Jeez that's Samsung SSD money.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hinch said:

Xbox SSD Expansion Card price might have got leaked - $219

So thats how they're making back some of the money :P But yeah don't cheap out people.. get the XSX if you want a new Xbox. Its false economy going for entry level console.

*sigh*

Does this mean Sony add-in SSD will also be 200$?
That seems expensive for 1tb upgrade.