Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series S design leaked, Confirmed at $300 this Holiday (Series X = $500)

This is a really good deal to get into next-gen gaming. It's the same price as the PS4 and Xbox S (I fully expect these prices to drop) and the Nintendo Switch. This is a fantastic deal to get for kids, casuals, and those who cannot spend much money cause stupid virus.



Around the Network

Wait so will yhe Series S not atleast support 4k streaming for Netflix or YouTube?



Price is amazing but it looks meh in white with a big black circle. I believe it would look super nice all black or white, but not a mix.
Anyway, nice to see this being official, going to get 4 of those babies for the kids!



jason1637 said:
Wait so will yhe Series S not atleast support 4k streaming for Netflix or YouTube?



LudicrousSpeed said:
Here’s hoping this forces Sony to do a $349-399 PS5 DE. Could affect the other console prices too. Gamers win.

If Sony can somehow get their digital PS5 down to $349 then all I'd be able to say to them is... GG. That'd be pretty crazy, although I'm still sticking with my higher guesses, that way if the prices are cheaper, it's all the better :P Still though, £249 for this is actually really tempting me to pick one up, my plan was originally to just use Game Pass on PC, but there's still quite a few games that are exclusive to the console Game Pass... think I'm close to biting, although I'll never stop saying it looks fuck ugly, like damn I know people made fun of the XSX and PS5 but this is just... something.



Around the Network
coolbeans said:
V-r0cK said:
Love the price of the S, Not a huge fan of the look but who cares with that price lol. I thought the X looked like a subwoofer but then this looks even moreso lol

My only concern is 512GB doesn't seem like a lot for a digital only console.

If that size is indeed the case for this console, I can't help but think of the foot-in-door tactic MS is doing with proprietary memory expansions.  That's going to cost a pretty penny. 

*Xbox 360 Arcade Edition has entered the chat*

I wonder if they have some sort of deal in place with retailers to push those proprietary SSDs, in exchange for the loss of physical game sales they'll be taking.

Even though this is a great deal initially, can't say I like the direction this signals, as I'm not a fan of an all-digital no-ownership/control future. Quite satisfied that I got an Xbox One X bundle for a great price while I could, and that'll last me until mid-late 2022+ when I can look to upgrade to the full-fledged Series X.



There is something we should consider. You don't need the highest texture quality for this console, so game size can be lower with lower resolution textures. You can save tons of hard disk space this way.



JRPGfan said:
DirtyP2002 said:
the price is killing it.

1440p upscaled to 4k should be enough for most people.
299€ / 249 GBP is a steal.

upto 1440p / and upto 120fps.

Just like the Xbox series X, can do upto 8k (doesnt mean all games will run 8k on it, most of them wont).

The vast majority of (next gen) games on the Xbox Series S, will be 1080p or below, and 60fps or below.
Its a entry point to next gen gameing.

Something like Ori and the blind forrest / battletoads will probably be 1440p on the S.
However if you run the next gears it will likely be 900-1080p on the S.

No, it says 1440p and UPTO 120 FPS. Not UPTO 1440p.

Anyway, even if this runs next gen games at Full HD, I think everybody will be happy. I mean to have the opportunity to play every next gen games for the next 5 years for 299€ is awesome.



Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Bristow9091 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Here’s hoping this forces Sony to do a $349-399 PS5 DE. Could affect the other console prices too. Gamers win.

If Sony can somehow get their digital PS5 down to $349 then all I'd be able to say to them is... GG. That'd be pretty crazy, although I'm still sticking with my higher guesses, that way if the prices are cheaper, it's all the better :P Still though, £249 for this is actually really tempting me to pick one up, my plan was originally to just use Game Pass on PC, but there's still quite a few games that are exclusive to the console Game Pass... think I'm close to biting, although I'll never stop saying it looks fuck ugly, like damn I know people made fun of the XSX and PS5 but this is just... something.

Now that you mention it. It looks like an old DAB radio or cheap oversized bluetooth speaker O.o

I prefer this form factor though.



WoodenPints said:
jason1637 said:
Wait so will yhe Series S not atleast support 4k streaming for Netflix or YouTube?

Damn that a bummrr. Even the One S can stream up yo 4k.