By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 23 to 29

Switch still dominates everywhere.

I am kind of curious about that XB1 number in North America. That is almost the entire NPD amount for all of July.

Around the Network

I almost thought the numbers hadn't updated yet because of how close they are to last week haha
Starting to think that it might be quite some time before we see Switch under 300k, barring a supply bottleneck.

Thanks for the numbers!
I have to say, I really appreciate the work put into the site by you guys.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Much appreciated

Another 300k+ for the Switch!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Switch still doing great. It is exciting to know we will have new systems soon. Do you guys think the Mario 3D all-star collection will boost the Hardware sales ?
I think it could go to 400k but i see it being more a factor in the long run and mostly during the holidays.

Kinda weird they aren't making a special edition Switch come to think of it. Maybe it will come later and be announced for the BF/Holidays ? But still... it's the PERFECT moment and with the little edition stuff and merch... really weird.

I don't think the 3D All Stars collection will be a system seller to be honest as the vast majority of Nintendo fans already played them and it's targeted more at existing Nintendo fans wanting to relive fond memories, and that category of folks pretty much all have a Switch already.

That said, the week will likely see a bump as Nintendo tends to hold onto and release new stock to accompany major releases, and Switch sales are pretty much entirely dictated by stock availability for the time being.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 September 2020

Switch is going be selling north of 300k for a looong while. We probably won't see it drop below there until mid 2021.

I thought we were trending towards some slower weeks, but seems momentum is still going strong.

The 3d collection does target Nintendo fans but that would be the entire Switch user base. It will definitely sell consoles and believe it or not new Nintendo fans have been born since then lol.