By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why nintendo consoles are the only ones you will ever need

twintail said:
kirby007 said:

2. Nintendo doesn't change, you know what you got 30 years ago and you will know what you will get in 30 years from now.
quality devices and quality games. hell thas why the offical nintendo seal of quality became the offical nintendo seal, its synonymus for quality!

The seal of quality has nothing to do with quality.

Makes me question this entire post.

exactly they removed the word quality a few years back, but it still means the same, because thats how great Nintendo is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Do they even have any good games though? I mean, they have FIFA, but the worst version of it, and a bad version of a good game is bad so...

Switch has Troll and I, so the best game ever makes it a great console!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I've never felt the slightest, smallest urge to buy a Nintendo system, not even with spare change. But you do you, if you like the thing that much.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

The only real issue I find with Nintendo is that the quality games launches are too far in between (for the games I'm interested in) and the high prices of games that never go down. Also the hardware is always lacking and I'm always left wanting. The latter is the main reason why I skipped the Wii and Wii U.

Horses for courses of course I'm sure a lot of people are happy with just a Nintendo. For me.. it isn't nearly enough. Not by a long shot.

hinch said:
The only real issue I find with Nintendo is that the quality games launches are too far in between (for the games I'm interested in) and the high prices of games that never go down. Also the hardware is always lacking and I'm always left wanting. The latter is the main reason why I skipped the Wii and Wii U.

Horses for courses of course I'm sure a lot of people are happy with just a Nintendo. For me.. it isn't nearly enough. Not by a long shot.

thats why you combine it with a pc

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
hinch said:

thats why you combine it with a pc

But PC can't play all games :P That's why I have my PS4 as my main console.

When all games come to PC, I'll skip consoles altogether. Until then its PC and Sony console for the unforeseen future. And maybe a Nintendo console if there are enough games for me to consider one.

For other people, gaming on a PC is a no go. Maybe due to knowledge, budget or lack of interest (probably the biggest factor). PC + Nintendo combo is good however its not enough to cover all the holes for Nintendo's first party output. Plus not everyone likes all of Nintendo's franchises. And you'd be missing out on some other great games by not looking outside the box.

Last edited by hinch - on 01 September 2020

KratosLives said:
Sorry but playstation has the best diversity of AAA line ups. Don't know why people keep insisting on nintendo, delusional folk.

Are we talking about first party only? Cause then its easily Nintendo and it isnt even close. Sony First party lineup will probably always be lacking. 

I have a high end PC. I still bought a PS4 and will get a PS5. Despite more and more console first party games coming to PC I still end up buying those games both on PC _and_ console, because I like actually owning a physical copy of the games.

Whether OP is serious, baiting or in general just trolling, I have really not considered Nintendo consoles to be worth buying since N64 (even though I did anyway) nor have I considered their handhelds worth buying since the DS (even though I did that anyway too). Nintendo just does not have enough first and third party games in enough numbers in the genres I play to put up with their quirky hardware.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

MasonADC said:
KratosLives said:
Sorry but playstation has the best diversity of AAA line ups. Don't know why people keep insisting on nintendo, delusional folk.

Are we talking about first party only? Cause then its easily Nintendo and it isnt even close. Sony First party lineup will probably always be lacking. 

As someone who dearly loves the PS4. Sony's first-party output this gen has been 99% "we have a forest and a post-apocalyptic world and we fill in the blanks from there"

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

kirby007 said:

1. Nintendo consoles are the only ones that actually add value aside from just being to play games like you do on PC
starting with the wii and ds whether its motioncontrols or touchscreen, they don't feel gimmicky at all. period.

Subjective. If you value VR can you get that on a Nintendo platform? And if e throw in controller options, do you have adaptive triggers on any Nintendo platform? Or is this not just relevant and going  to gimmicky because its not on a Nintendo platform. Oh, how many games actually used the WiiU screen as a game mechanic, and if it was so great, why did Nintendo drop it? To me, if a feature is not a gimmick, it would at the very least be supported across generations.

kirby007 said:

2. Nintendo doesn't change, you know what you got 30 years ago and you will know what you will get in 30 years from now.
quality devices and quality games. hell thas why the offical nintendo seal of quality became the offical nintendo seal, its synonymus for quality!

Again, subjective. I think its kinda weird to say or suggest that the only platform that makes quality games and consoles is Nintendo. Probably means I shouldn't take any of this seriously :)

kirby007 said:

3. It has the best diversity in games, where as Xbox only offers multiplayer games and Playstation only offers singleplayer games.
Nintendo offers the best of both but in a much more colorful look.

Again, subjective. But even if it weren't, you did find that you are very very very wrong. If anything, Nintendo platforms are actually the least diverse of all the platforms. Especially when compared against something like say a PS. There are genres of games that Nintendo doesn't even have a presence in. Right off the top of my head, a sim racer.

kirby007 said:

4. You dont need to be afraid you can play Nintendo games on different platforms, While Nintendo did try their hand on the mobile platform that quickly became irrelevant once they noticed much much better their games were but couldn't sell for their normal full pricing and had to adhere to the GaaS-model.
Whereas games for Xbox and Playstation sooner or later will be also available on different platforms due to moneyhatting or creating more profits by expanding the audience and all this over the poor backs of consolewarrior.

Why should you be afraid of games you have access to or have already played ending up on another platform?

kirby007 said:

5. No need for an online subscription for games to play online, you play your enemies or friends at home on the same couch ( strictly speaking once Corona blows over or you have infected all your earlier mentioned E/F)

Are we talking about paid online multiplayer or local multiplayer here? Because if its the former I am sure Nintendo requires paid online. And if its the latter, I am sure both the PS/Xbox supports local multiplayer. So wrong on both fronts?

kirby007 said:

7. Now i hear you say not every nintendo console is a succes, but you cant help it the unwashed masses are not critical and do not recognise quality.
Just blame the damned fanboys and their sunken ideology

Them damned pesky console warring fanboys huh?

Technically though, I feel the only gaming platform that is not needed is the Xbox. If you have a decent PC, you literally do not need an Xbox. The same can't be said about Nintendo or Playstation platforms.