By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why nintendo consoles are the only ones you will ever need

1. Nintendo consoles are the only ones that actually add value aside from just being to play games like you do on PC
starting with the wii and ds whether its motioncontrols or touchscreen, they don't feel gimmicky at all. period.

2. Nintendo doesn't change, you know what you got 30 years ago and you will know what you will get in 30 years from now.
quality devices and quality games. hell thas why the offical nintendo seal of quality became the offical nintendo seal, its synonymus for quality!

3. It has the best diversity in games, where as Xbox only offers multiplayer games and Playstation only offers singleplayer games.
Nintendo offers the best of both but in a much more colorful look.

4. You dont need to be afraid you can play Nintendo games on different platforms, While Nintendo did try their hand on the mobile platform that quickly became irrelevant once they noticed much much better their games were but couldn't sell for their normal full pricing and had to adhere to the GaaS-model.
Whereas games for Xbox and Playstation sooner or later will be also available on different platforms due to moneyhatting or creating more profits by expanding the audience and all this over the poor backs of consolewarrior.

5. No need for an online subscription for games to play online, you play your enemies or friends at home on the same couch ( strictly speaking once Corona blows over or you have infected all your earlier mentioned E/F)

6. Did i mention the best games? period.

7. Now i hear you say not every nintendo console is a succes, but you cant help it the unwashed masses are not critical and do not recognise quality.
Just blame the damned fanboys and their sunken ideology

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

No. Dreamcast and Saturn are the only ones I need. The rest is just a bonus.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Someone please get Kirby away from the alcohol cabinet.
😀

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I prefer the competition between consoles that has lead to very good exclusives that don't release in PC.

Point 6 and 7, makes you sound as a Nintendo fan boy, so which fanboys have the sunken ideology?

To be honest I think Johnny Cash's version of Hurt is better than the original. NIN's is great, but Cash took it to another level.

Around the Network

You are not wrong.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jpcc86 said:
To be honest I think Johnny Cash's version of Hurt is better than the original. NIN's is great, but Cash took it to another level.

Episode II:Attack Of The Clones is the definitive Star Wars experience, and the perfect expression of my deepest desires.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Sorry but playstation has the best diversity of AAA line ups. Don't know why people keep insisting on nintendo, delusional folk.

kirby007 said:

1. Nintendo consoles are the only ones that actually add value aside from just being to play games like you do on PC
starting with the wii and ds whether its motioncontrols or touchscreen, they don't feel gimmicky at all. period.

False.
The Playstation 4 controller has the touch pad.
The Xbox One controller has haptic feedback.
Playstation 4 has Virtual Reality.
Kinect and Move were things as well.
They also offer free games every month, the Xbox has a very robust backwards compatibility system with visual and performance improvements for older titles.

kirby007 said:

2. Nintendo doesn't change, you know what you got 30 years ago and you will know what you will get in 30 years from now.
quality devices and quality games. hell thas why the offical nintendo seal of quality became the offical nintendo seal, its synonymus for quality!

Nintendo is always changing, the Switch is nothing like a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, DS, 3DS.

Paper Mario never existed on the NES, SNES, N64 or Gamecube either for example.

kirby007 said:

3. It has the best diversity in games, where as Xbox only offers multiplayer games and Playstation only offers singleplayer games.
Nintendo offers the best of both but in a much more colorful look.

I think Nintendo has allot more platformers and social games rather than being truly diverse.

Each platform obviously offers platformers, shooters, multiplayer, singleplayer titles and more, but it's no secret that each platform tends to gravitate towards a certain play style/genre... And that is fine.

If you want that AAA high-fidelity singleplayer story game, you honestly can't go past the Playstation 4... The Switch simply isn't powerful enough to drive those experiences and that is perfectly fine.

kirby007 said:

4. You dont need to be afraid you can play Nintendo games on different platforms, While Nintendo did try their hand on the mobile platform that quickly became irrelevant once they noticed much much better their games were but couldn't sell for their normal full pricing and had to adhere to the GaaS-model.
Whereas games for Xbox and Playstation sooner or later will be also available on different platforms due to moneyhatting or creating more profits by expanding the audience and all this over the poor backs of consolewarrior.

We are all gamers here. I don't care if a game I buy on a platform gets released on another, it takes absolutely *nothing* away from me as an individual, but it does introduce gamers to new experiences and that should be encouraged as it's a good thing, this brand loyalty really baffles me.

kirby007 said:

5. No need for an online subscription for games to play online, you play your enemies or friends at home on the same couch ( strictly speaking once Corona blows over or you have infected all your earlier mentioned E/F)

Er. Don't you need to pay for Switch Online to play online?

Playstation 4 and Xbox One have offline co-op games.

kirby007 said:

6. Did i mention the best games? period.

Personal taste. Everyone will differ on this. Period.
There are a couple of good games, but most don't interest me.

The Switch's best games are ironically ports from the WiiU (Which I already own) rather than new games in my opinion. I.E. Mario Kart, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Deluxe and so on.
That will change over time as newer titles get released, but it's hard to ignore.

kirby007 said:

7. Now i hear you say not every nintendo console is a succes, but you cant help it the unwashed masses are not critical and do not recognise quality.
Just blame the damned fanboys and their sunken ideology

No console manufacturer has managed a guaranteed success rate.

But as long as a console is profitable for the manufacturer, then we can deem it as successful in the grand scheme of things.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Depending on how much Sony actually commits to porting games to PC and how quickly, it could be for some people if they are primarily a PC gamer and likes Nintendo games.

I personally doubt Sony will actually commit as hard as MS has so I'll still be getting a ps5 unless proven otherwise. Then again, if you told be Sony would be porting first party games to PC a few years ago, I'd say you're on crack but here we are.

I will say that the switch does offer something that a box/tower doesn't and it's portability is hard to replicate on PC so I will say that even if Nintendo one day ports first party games onto the PC, I'd still buy the switch of that day.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850