By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 34, 2020 (Aug 17 - Aug 23)

Tagged games:

The 3ds outsold the PS4?

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
oof AC with the drop, finally done?

Selling double the amount weekly than smash and Pokémon combined aligned? Nope lol

It's official.  PS4 is now selling worse than 3DS.  We've been saying 3DS is done for a while now.  What does that make PS4?

As soon as I saw AC numbers had dropped I knew Switch numbers had dropped too.  You can do this calculation every week 

AC + RFA is approx. Switch sales

This week its
42,863 (AC) + 30,689 (RFA) = 73,552
Switch sales = 70,129

People are buying the Switch mostly for AC and RFA as long as Switches are available.

Never thought I’d see the day that the PS4 would be outsold by the 3DS in 2020.

Will the PS4 reach 10 million LTD in Japan at this point? Even with all the remaining big games releasing at this point, the sales just seemed to decline. Lack of stock doesn’t help.

Kai_Mao said:
Never thought I’d see the day that the PS4 would be outsold by the 3DS in 2020.

Will the PS4 reach 10 million LTD in Japan at this point? Even with all the remaining big games releasing at this point, the sales just seemed to decline. Lack of stock doesn’t help.

It was never going to hit 10 million 

Around the Network

3DS outsold PS4!?!? Oh myyyy...

Ouch, 3DS outselling the PS4 now?

I really hope for Sony that they don't also run out of consoles before the next gen starts like the XBO did

RFA and Ghost are the only two games with an increase over last week

It's over!

The_Liquid_Laser said:

It's official.  PS4 is now selling worse than 3DS.  We've been saying 3DS is done for a while now.  What does that make PS4?

Overdone?