By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Surprise Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase dropped

https://youtu.be/PXd3Jw4DoNQ

In summary:

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory - November 13
-pre-purchase available today

Fuser - Fall 2020
-new rhythm game from Harmonix

Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythmic Adventure Pack - Winter 2020

World of Tanks Blitz - later today

Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions - spring 2021

Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend - December 15
-pre-purchase available today

Just Dance 2021 - November 12

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - December 8

Minecraft Dungeons - Creeping Winter DLC - September 2020

Jump Force Deluxe Edition - August 28

Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions - August 28

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered - August 27

In extreme summary: Abunch of rhythm stuff, a couple RPGs, a couple fighters, etc. Nothing big though.

Last edited by thetonestarr - on 26 August 2020

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I think this is the only interesting thing, I'll buy it if they sell it cheap

PD: Well 19,99€ digital, not bad

Last edited by Ryotsu - on 26 August 2020

Not the type of KH I was expecting.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nothing on Bravely Default II (again), weird that the game supposedly comes out this year and there's no release date yet, and there's not been any news about it since the demo dropped.

I expect nothing, and I am still let down

Around the Network

OP updated with all announced content and dates, as well as embedded video. Would've been faster but I got an important phone call halfway through.

SW-5120-1900-6153

My reaction when I watched this Direct Mini...

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Yeah, It'a thing i suppose.

Last edited by Stefan.De.Machtige - on 26 August 2020

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I am so confused by Nintendo right now.  This could be the rumored Direct we were getting on the 28th, or we might be getting another one.  But the way things are going now it seems like we are getting a bunch of small Directs in rapid succession instead of one really big one.  We'll see.  Nintendo might surprise me again.

Anywho, these were the games from this Direct and my impressions.

1)  Kingdom Hearts, Melody of Memory (Nov 13) - I like Rhythm games, including the Theatrhythm games.  This might be fun.
2)  Fuser (Fall 2020) - Not sure.  I like Harmonix, but not sure.
3)  Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythmic Adventure Pack (Winter 2020) - This was actally the rhythm game that looked the best to me.  I actually imported a drum from the UK to play Drum n Fun, and I really liked the rhythm/RPG combo in the Theatrhythm games.
4)  World of Tanks Blitz (today) - Free to Play is not for me.
5)  Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions (Spring 2021) - the only fighting game I really play is Smash Bros
6)  Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend (Dec 15) - Never played the originals.  Might be fun.
7)  Just Dance 2021 (Nov 12) - Annual Just Dance game.  Nuff said.
8)  Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (Dec 8) - Puyo Puyo Tetris is my favorite third party game on the Switch.  Not sure if there is enough new content here to get me to buy this though.  I'll have to find out more first.
9)  Minecraft Dungeons Creeping Winter DLC (Sept) - Haven't tried MD yet, but I'm open to it.
10)  Jump Force Deluxe Edition (Aug 28) - Only fighting game I play is Smash.
11) Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions (Aug 28) - I don't play Soccer/Football games, but this looks like a good alternative to FIFA.
12)  Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (Aug 27) - I've got this on Gamecube with all the GBAs and link cables necessary.  Doubtful I will get it.

Overall, I have to say that this partner Direct is far better than the one we got last month.  There are several rhythm games here that look interesting to me, and I'll have to find out more about other games like Puyo 2.  There is definitely enough here to keep my busy in the near future even I didn't already have a backlog (which I do).  Last month's Direct had 4-5 games.  This one is far better.

I'm getting Final Fantasy