By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Batman Trailer

I like the overall vibe of this, but I'm not particularly liking Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. He looks way too unhinged out in public, when Bruce Wayne is supposed to be his billionaire playboy mask to the world. Pattinson is looking like exactly the type of nutjob everyone might suspect of being Batman.

Around the Network

i like what im seeing,

bring me the low budget cat woman and low budget 1st series batmobile haha!

I haven't been this interested in a DC movie since Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises.

Angelus said:
I like the overall vibe of this, but I'm not particularly liking Pattinson's Bruce Wayne. He looks way too unhinged out in public, when Bruce Wayne is supposed to be his billionaire playboy mask to the world. Pattinson is looking like exactly the type of nutjob everyone might suspect of being Batman.

As I've gotten older, I realised that "Supposed to be" has really sucked the enjoyment out of a lot of things. I'm keeping an open mind. If I focussed on what was "supposed to be", I wouldn't enjoy most of the MCU or even Joker.

But that's just me.

d21lewis said:
Angelus said:

As I've gotten older, I realised that "Supposed to be" has really sucked the enjoyment out of a lot of things. I'm keeping an open mind. If I focussed on what was "supposed to be", I wouldn't enjoy most of the MCU or even Joker.

But that's just me.

I'm not saying I won't like this movie. I reckon there's a pretty good chance that I'll like it a lot. As I said, I quite enjoyed the trailer overall. Just not sure about the Bruce Wayne portrayal at first glance.

Around the Network

Only thing I don't like was Bruce's longer hair. Other than that.... HYPE.

I'm excited for almost all DC movies right now. I'm happy The Batman and its spinoff tv series are its own universe and the DCEU is its own thing. If we don't like one, we have another chance at liking another. We're going to have 3 Batmans at the same time. I know there are just rumors of Affleck doing a mini series for HBO max if the Snydercut does really well, but hey after the cut was announced anything is possible.

I love that they are using the Flash (which seems lazy but genius at the same time) to connect everything, while keeping it all separated so that directors and writers have the freedom to set their own tone and do their own stories without the shackles of a giant universe. Multiverse is DCs thing, and I think they will implement it very well (I hope). DC looks like it has a bright future. Man I'm so stoked.

1doesnotsimply

Worst batmobile design I have ever seen

Watched the 4K blu ray of Batman V Super Ultimate Edition and enjoyed the movie. Especially Batman. However I understand that even with the length it still wasn't enough to cover all the things happening and would have worked better as a TV show stretched out over a longer period time. It's clear some parts are still missing. Justice League Zack Snyder Cut will luckily be handled like that. 4 episodes and a runtime of over 4 hours.

I hoped somewhere that this would be the younger Ben Affleck version but it really is its own. Nothing wrong with that and apparently multiple Batmans including Affleck and Keaton will be in the Flash movie. Just wondering how that would affect the Multiverse.

DC movies do look sleek for 2021

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Hiku said:
Angelus said:

Do you mean the first or second picture?

For the latter, I don't imagine he looks like that when he's presenting himself as Bruce, but rather that seems to be him when he's incognito (he was wearing that makeup with a face mask and a biker helmet in one scene) or when he's in the bat suit.

But I guess you mean the former? I think if I was trying to figure out who Batman was, I probably wouldn't go much on appearance, but personality, so I'll have to see how he behaves in public.

Ya, I'm talking about the way he looks in a couple of the shots where he's just in a regular suit, out in public, not the way he looks fresh out of action. 

His Bruce Wayne just seems like he might run around with the kind of damaged expression all the time that would make everyone who ever glanced at him try to get him psychiatric help lol. Could just be the specific trailer shots of course, and hopefully it is, but he's giving off the kind of vibes where I have to question if throughout the movie he'll ever crack a smile, be charming, or otherwise work the Bruce Wayne persona to get ahead in his case.

While I haven't read many of the actual comics (I made an attempt to get into them during Rebirth, but didn't get very far), I believe at least one of the animated movies made references to a young Batman when he was still acclimating himself to the role/lifestyle.

It's basically meant to explore the time where his emotions were still raw, his childhood trauma still caused him internal conflict, and he's generally unstable. The time where he still has to figure out how to handle his dual personalities, lifestyle and what kind of moral code he should live by.

I expect this movie, similar to 'Joker', to be a lot more character-driven and tonally serious, which is why Pattinson was a good fit.