By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gotham Knights - Trailer & gameplay video

Wasn't impressed by the gameplay or graphics and I'm not sure how this will go down as at first the s arkham games had no competition other than Activision churning out Spidey games.

Since then we've had a really good, possibly best Superhero game with Marvels Spidey and we've had a really good game set in the Star wars universe with Jedi Fallen Order.

Ain't got a clue how this will go down. Seems like another arkham game set in darkness, mediocre combat, mediocre character design and animation and a bland looking world.

Looks like Gotham will still be a barely populated world or everyone has been evacuated again for some reason which simply isn't good enough.

I know it's pre-alpha, and things could improve, I don't even know what this demo was running on, but you would think after the Craig fiasco, people would put their best foot forward or show nothing at all if it's that far out.

Luckily, there seems to be more games out there with potential to look forward too, so as disappointed as I am, I think we are good even if this turns to shite.

Around the Network

Also, from what some of you have said, if this sets up batman beyond, I may end up picking this up afterall if it drops in price.

I can imagine the final act where the Gotham knights have been captured or something and the Bat is released to free them. Won't happen as it will ruin the whole Gotham Knight thing, but I can imagine the final act hinting at it and they're being a secret ending that shows it.

Single player or 2 player co-op with 4 characters to choose from... interesting... more interested than before.

Hmm, pie.

It looks like it can turn out to be a live service game.

it looks same same with the recent batman games,
so dont expect a lot from it!

Around the Network

Now make a Suicide Squad thread!

Hiku said:

High quality version of the gameplay video is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJjRRErYdO4

Xxain said:
Spoiler!
So they're following up on the Arkham Knight ending? I'm surprised. Wonder how they'll return it back to status quo

Barozi said:

Yeah Batman is dead.... of course.

Spoiler!
Because the ending of Arkham Knight didn't look staged at all.

Xxain said:
Spoiler!

My guy. Duuuuuuuuuh. Just in case it wasnt clear that it was staged it is confirmed as much in Arkham Knight. I'm just interested on how they will do in regards to Bruce being outed. Hopefully its clever and nothing cheesy.

EDIT - I'm thinking they'll use scarecrows as a excuse; it was a illusion.

This game doesn't seem to be following the Arhham Knight ending.
In this trailer, Bruce mentions that 

Spoiler!
Gordon is dead.

That was not the case at the end of Arkham Knight.

Guys Arkham Knight is 5 years old. What are you spoiler tagging for its waay past the "protected threshold".

We dont know how much time has passed between Knight and Knights. It mentions the entire police force has become corrupted. Gordon could have been killed (assuming its true) sometime after Knight which results in that. 

LivncA_Dis3 said:
it looks same same with the recent batman games,
so dont expect a lot from it!

I mean, it looks a lot better than Avengers by a country mile at this point. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"