By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gotham Knights - Trailer & gameplay video

High quality version of the gameplay video is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJjRRErYdO4

Xxain said:
Spoiler!
So they're following up on the Arkham Knight ending? I'm surprised. Wonder how they'll return it back to status quo

Barozi said:

Yeah Batman is dead.... of course.

Spoiler!
Because the ending of Arkham Knight didn't look staged at all.

Xxain said:
Barozi said:
Spoiler!
Spoiler text.
Spoiler!

My guy. Duuuuuuuuuh. Just in case it wasnt clear that it was staged it is confirmed as much in Arkham Knight. I'm just interested on how they will do in regards to Bruce being outed. Hopefully its clever and nothing cheesy.

EDIT - I'm thinking they'll use scarecrows as a excuse; it was a illusion.

This game doesn't seem to be following the Arhham Knight ending.
In this trailer, Bruce mentions that 

Spoiler!
Gordon is dead.

That was not the case at the end of Arkham Knight.

Last edited by Hiku - on 23 August 2020

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
hinch said:

Man, WB Studios including its film department really need to delve into Batman Beyond. There's so much untapped potential in its heroes and villains in that series.

Would pay big money to play as Terry, fighting against the Royal Flush Gang and Joker.

There were actually recent rumors that Michael Keaton was in negotiations with WB to reprise his role as an older Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond live-action adaptation. Hopefully it happens.  

Holy mother of.. Batman. Sounds too good to be true. Then I read the rumoured article that Terry is most likely going to replaced... big nope lol.

hinch said:
shikamaru317 said:

There were actually recent rumors that Michael Keaton was in negotiations with WB to reprise his role as an older Bruce Wayne in a Batman Beyond live-action adaptation. Hopefully it happens.  

Holy mother of.. Batman. Sounds too good to be true. Then I read the rumoured article that Terry is most likely going to replaced... big nope lol.

Why would they replace Terry? That would be so stupid. Who would they replace him with?

shikamaru317 said:
hinch said:

Why would they replace Terry? That would be so stupid. Who would they replace him with?

At risk of spoiling it for you, or others its best not to look into it. Its really bad. I'll just flag this down as a big meh and avoid at all costs DC movie, should it come into fruition. Unless its directed by someone noteworthy and is not going to crap on source material. If you are interested, this is the article.

hinch said:
shikamaru317 said:

At risk of spoiling it for you, or others its best not to look into it. Its really bad. I'll just flag this down as a a big meh and avoid at all costs, should it come into fruition. Unless its directed by someone noteworthy and is not going to crap on source material. If you are interested, this is the article.

Eeesh, that does indeed sound terrible. Though other articles I read about the rumor made no mention of that replacement, in fact one of them specifically said that WB was currently doing scouting for an actor for Terry. So I will choose to remain hopeful for the time being. But if WB really is stupid enough to do Batman Beyond without Terry, they 100% deserve their reputation for making terrible DC movies and never learning from their mistakes on DC movies. 

Around the Network

After the abysmal Justice League (monumental letdown would be an understatement) I don't think I could care any less for DC films. Even Marvel can't escape that trap that with Avengers tie ins after they butchered Hulk in MCU, among other characters. Including the planet Hulk story.

And Robert Pattinson being the new Batman in revival still makes me lol

JWeinCom said:
There are some comments here that are borderline spoilers that have been edited. Nothing that is egregious or seems intentional, but please always always err on the side of caution with potential spoilers.

Well the "fact" that Batman is dead is mentioned in the trailer.

I naturally assumed that this game would continue the story but that might not be the case.

In any case, if a superhero is considered to be dead, you should always be wary.

Doesn't look like a true sequel to Arkham Knight for 2 reasons. Gordon dying before Batman and Barbara being able to walk. In the Arkham games Barbara was paralyzed through the entire series except Origins and Gordon survived to narrate about how the Batman died. If this was truly following the Arkham games timeline then Gordon would be alive and either Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown should be Batgirl - I'd honestly prefer either of those options.

Wasn't impressed by the gameplay or graphics and I'm not sure how this will go down as at first the s arkham games had no competition other than Activision churning out Spidey games.

Since then we've had a really good, possibly best Superhero game with Marvels Spidey and we've had a really good game set in the Star wars universe with Jedi Fallen Order.

Ain't got a clue how this will go down. Seems like another arkham game set in darkness, mediocre combat, mediocre character design and animation and a bland looking world.

Looks like Gotham will still be a barely populated world or everyone has been evacuated again for some reason which simply isn't good enough.

I know it's pre-alpha, and things could improve, I don't even know what this demo was running on, but you would think after the Craig fiasco, people would put their best foot forward or show nothing at all if it's that far out.

Luckily, there seems to be more games out there with potential to look forward too, so as disappointed as I am, I think we are good even if this turns to shite.

Also, from what some of you have said, if this sets up batman beyond, I may end up picking this up afterall if it drops in price.

I can imagine the final act where the Gotham knights have been captured or something and the Bat is released to free them. Won't happen as it will ruin the whole Gotham Knight thing, but I can imagine the final act hinting at it and they're being a secret ending that shows it.