By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Alright at least the Hawks going to make the ECF interesting since the chance of a Suns sweep is even higher now since Chris Paul will be back for game three. Also Charles Barkley's prediction of a Bucks sweep already looks terrible after one game.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Alright at least the Hawks going to make the ECF interesting since the chance of a Suns sweep is even higher now since Chris Paul will be back for game three. Also Charles Barkley's prediction of a Bucks sweep already looks terrible after one game.

Don't you mean it looks TUR-rible?

Hawks steal game 1! Wow!

burninmylight said:
KLAMarine said:

Dunno, surely Giannis has a general idea of where Kyrie is and where his legs are thus has an idea of where his feet are coming down. And I see Giannis extending the leg: I don't need to look at my own feet to know where I'm putting them.

Whatever man, I don't like it but what can I do about it? Nothing.

Yes, Giannis has a general idea of where Kyrie is. But how is he supposed to know exactly where Kyrie's legs are when Kyrie is 1) behind his right shoulder 2) where Giannis can't see him while he's focused on the rim because he's going for the rebound 3) in mid-air, so he has no idea where Kyrie will land, other than assuming Kyrie will come straight down from a jump shot 4) Kyrie is kicking out his left leg?

You don't need to look at your own feet to know where you're putting them. Do you need to look at mine to know where I'm putting mine if I'm not in your line of sight? How much more so when you're not focusing on me, but on something else?

Also, you never answered my question from my previous reply. Tell me if you consider this a dirty play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_I89VejE0c

Spoiler!
I don't think it was dirty at all. I don't like it either, and I hope it doesn't have any long-term ramifications on Irving's career, but it's basketball. I stopped playing in 6th grade when the exact same thing happened to me and I wound up with a broken nose.

It doesn't look dirty, no. Looks accidental at first glance...

Chris Hu said:

I stopped listening to the TNT guys years ago because they actively destroy my brain cells, but the fact that Barkley predicted a Bucks sweep means Milwaukee is screwed.

KLAMarine said:

Hawks steal game 1! Wow!

burninmylight said:

Yes, Giannis has a general idea of where Kyrie is. But how is he supposed to know exactly where Kyrie's legs are when Kyrie is 1) behind his right shoulder 2) where Giannis can't see him while he's focused on the rim because he's going for the rebound 3) in mid-air, so he has no idea where Kyrie will land, other than assuming Kyrie will come straight down from a jump shot 4) Kyrie is kicking out his left leg?

You don't need to look at your own feet to know where you're putting them. Do you need to look at mine to know where I'm putting mine if I'm not in your line of sight? How much more so when you're not focusing on me, but on something else?

Also, you never answered my question from my previous reply. Tell me if you consider this a dirty play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_I89VejE0c

Spoiler!
I don't think it was dirty at all. I don't like it either, and I hope it doesn't have any long-term ramifications on Irving's career, but it's basketball. I stopped playing in 6th grade when the exact same thing happened to me and I wound up with a broken nose.

I know you're ready to move on from this, so we can let it go and agree to disagree about the injury to Irving.

However, if I'm wrong and you'd like to continue discussing it, I'll say that I don't see how you feel like Joe Harris wacking Pat Connaughton across the face is any more of an unintentional accident that Irving landing on Big G's foot.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
KLAMarine said:

Hawks steal game 1! Wow!

I know you're ready to move on from this, so we can let it go and agree to disagree about the injury to Irving.

However, if I'm wrong and you'd like to continue discussing it, I'll say that I don't see how you feel like Joe Harris wacking Pat Connaughton across the face is any more of an unintentional accident that Irving landing on Big G's foot.

I think a player has more motive to hurt a player's feet versus their face: if a player's face gets cut, the player can still play. They can wear a mask and continue playing.

A hurt knee or ankle is more obtrusive and very often take players out.

In addition, a player's foot is easier to take out than a face: a face can be at any height, a foot has to always return to floor height. I'm more suspicious of Giannis than Harris. Giannis has to know Kyrie's feet are below Kyrie who's currently in the air: Kyrie's feet are going to come down.

Rick Carlisle going back to coaching the Pacers is pretty interesting but its one of the two spots I thought would be most likely to hire him the other one was the Boston Celtics. Good hire since I think he is the best coach available.

KLAMarine said:
burninmylight said:

I think a player has more motive to hurt a player's feet versus their face: if a player's face gets cut, the player can still play. They can wear a mask and continue playing.

In addition, a player's foot is easier to take out than a face: a face can be at any height, a foot has to always return to floor height. I'm more suspicious of Giannis than Harris. Giannis has to know Kyrie's feet are below Kyrie who's currently in the air: Kyrie's feet are going to come down.

Show me some examples of when Giannis has ever attempted to hurt another player during the course of play in the past. Anything. The closest you can find is when he clocked Mike Dunleavy Jr.

You're so convinced that someone who has no history of dirty play suddenly decided to commit such an act on another player whom he couldn't see, and if he could predict where the player would land, would have figured he'd land anywhere except where Irving actually did.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the refs disagreed with you at the time that it happened, otherwise Giannis would  have gotten a Tech-2 and thrown out of the game. The league officials disagreed with you after the game, otherwise Giannis would be fined and suspended. Eighteen-year veteran, coach of the opposing team, and guy who knows all too well what it's like to be on the bad end of some dirty play, Steve Nash, doesn't agree with you. If the Nets thought it was dirty, best believe they would have campaigned to have Giannis out of there.

"a face can be at any height, a foot has to always return to floor height."

Lol, OK...

Yes, a face can be at any height. So can a foot, which is constantly in motion when you play basketball, which usually involves a great deal of running and jumping. A face has to return to however high it is normally off the ground as well, because that's how physics and human anatomy work. Lol at "floor height"...

"I'm more suspicious of Giannis than Harris. Giannis has to know Kyrie's feet are below Kyrie who's currently in the air: Kyrie's feet are going to come down."

You're right; I will give you that. Giannis had to know, or at least make an educated assumption that Kyrie's feet are below Kyrie. I've never once witnessed Kyrie's feet being above Kyrie while in the air, but I am open to correction if there is proof of it out there.

Last edited by burninmylight - on 24 June 2021

burninmylight said:
KLAMarine said:

Show me some examples of when Giannis has ever attempted to hurt another player during the course of play in the past. Anything. The closest you can find is when he clocked Mike Dunleavy Jr.

You're so convinced that someone who has no history of dirty play suddenly decided to commit such an act on another player whom he couldn't see, and if he could predict where the player would land, would have figured he'd land anywhere except where Irving actually did.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the refs disagreed with you at the time that it happened, otherwise Giannis would  have gotten a Tech-2 and thrown out of the game. The league officials disagreed with you after the game, otherwise Giannis would be fined and suspended. Eighteen-year veteran, coach of the opposing team, and guy who knows all too well what it's like to be on the bad end of some dirty play, Steve Nash, doesn't agree with you. If the Nets thought it was dirty, best believe they would have campaigned to have Giannis out of there.

"a face can be at any height, a foot has to always return to floor height."

Lol, OK...

Yes, a face can be at any height. So can a foot, which is constantly in motion when you play basketball, which usually involves a great deal of running and jumping. A face has to return to however high it is normally off the ground as well, because that's how physics and human anatomy work. Lol at "floor height"...

"I'm more suspicious of Giannis than Harris. Giannis has to know Kyrie's feet are below Kyrie who's currently in the air: Kyrie's feet are going to come down."

You're right; I will give you that. Giannis had to know, or at least make an educated assumption that Kyrie's feet are below Kyrie. I've never once witnessed Kyrie's feet being above Kyrie while in the air, but I am open to correction if there is proof of it out there.

I don't understand why you're so passionate about this. I don't really care too much and even if I cared 100%, there's nothing I can do to alter reality.

Maybe Giannis did it on purpose or not, we'll never truly know. Only Giannis knows and like you said, officials have made their decisions.

*shoulder shrug*

Patrick Beverly is really frustrating Devin Booker.