By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More PS5 Game Covers - They're growing on me!

How do you feel about the PS5 game cases now?

They're still awful 11 22.00%

They look bad but aren't awful 6 12.00%

I really don't care: It's... 7 14.00%

They look alright I guess 14 28.00%

They look great 12 24.00%

Total:50
mutantsushi said:
Boycott unless they move to stainless steel cases that look all macho except for PS5 logo made in seeds so you water it and it grows like Chiapet.

PS5 better turn on when I cap as well otherwise no buy. Clap on clap off!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Same as before. It's ok, but just ok. I can see why they went this route, not to mention the white header label really pops and catches your attention. I think the pop is too much but it's not a horrible color layout overall. Like others have shown and said, with minimal color swapping and a different color case, it would look much better though.

looks pretty good,
can't complain with them shiny new case!

whether you like or dislike the case design is irrelavant, what is revelent is that the ps5 cover design are significantly different from ps4 boxes so the non savvy consumers can differentiate the difference between the ps4 and ps5 games, the problem with forthcoming xbox series one and current xbox one is that they are confusing which is which, and that the chances that the non savvy consumer will buy a xbox series x/s only game thinking it will work with xbox one x/s

The big problem is that the blue case (for one just feels like they chose it because they had a bunch of left-over PS4 cases) doesn’t fit with the big wide, too wide, white bar. And with the logo being black that’s three colors. That hasn’t changed, so no matter how good looking the actual boxart, that differs from game to game, is, it’s still awful looking.

Around the Network

It’s still weird. Xbox cases work because green is the Xbox color. Don’t like forcing the white which as of now still feels out of place and ignores their history.

That said it’s a game case so I really don’t care much.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

These seem less hideous than the first one, but still don't like them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It's not bad, but it's too clean. It looks like it's trying very hard to be stylish and fine, whereas I want my game covers to be look more relaxed. Of course this matches other PS5 visuals as well, but I'm not a fan of those either. That said, everything except for the controller is OK so far (and the controller is absolutely atrocious) - I'm just not a fan at all.

Switch (and Vita) has (had) the best looking cases, followed by Xbox One.

axumblade said:
Overcooked and Planet Coaster look good. Far Cry 6 just looks better on the Xbox Series X case due to the color scheme. AC: Valhalla and Watch Dogs look alright..

Agreed with Far Cry 6, that being said... if the logo was white, then I'd definitely prefer it on PS5, lol

sales2099 said:
It’s still weird. Xbox cases work because green is the Xbox color. Don’t like forcing the white which as of now still feels out of place and ignores their history.

That said it’s a game case so I really don’t care much.

I... don't really understand this. Yes, green is the XBOX colour, and with the OG XBOX they had green cases with a black bar, with the 360 they had a green case with a white bar... PlayStation is now associated with the colour blue, has been for a while, and the PS5 has blue cases with a white banner. Surely by keeping the blue case they're NOT ignoring their history? PS2 had blue cases, PS3 went clear, PS4 had blue cases, Vita had blue cases, and now PS5 has blue cases... I really, REALLY don't understand this comment, care to elaborate? :)