By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More PS5 Game Covers - They're growing on me!

How do you feel about the PS5 game cases now?

They're still awful 11 22.00%

They look bad but aren't awful 6 12.00%

I really don't care: It's... 7 14.00%

They look alright I guess 14 28.00%

They look great 12 24.00%

Total:50
Bristow9091 said:
axumblade said:
Overcooked and Planet Coaster look good. Far Cry 6 just looks better on the Xbox Series X case due to the color scheme. AC: Valhalla and Watch Dogs look alright..

Agreed with Far Cry 6, that being said... if the logo was white, then I'd definitely prefer it on PS5, lol

sales2099 said:
It’s still weird. Xbox cases work because green is the Xbox color. Don’t like forcing the white which as of now still feels out of place and ignores their history.

That said it’s a game case so I really don’t care much.

I... don't really understand this. Yes, green is the XBOX colour, and with the OG XBOX they had green cases with a black bar, with the 360 they had a green case with a white bar... PlayStation is now associated with the colour blue, has been for a while, and the PS5 has blue cases with a white banner. Surely by keeping the blue case they're NOT ignoring their history? PS2 had blue cases, PS3 went clear, PS4 had blue cases, Vita had blue cases, and now PS5 has blue cases... I really, REALLY don't understand this comment, care to elaborate? :) 

Oh don’t mind me. I’m just somebody who will never touch such a thing nm play them. Quite simply the white banner looks too different compared to the past ones. It’s off putting. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
WTF people complaining about basically a PS4 case with a different header colour?

Literally any and all change will be met with SOME form of resistance. This is a universal truth. 

It just seems like people care because, on the internet, it's a whole lot easier for your voice to carry if you're being negative about something. Bad news always overshadows good news because people are much louder about sharing bad news and negative opinions than good news and positive opinions. The mature types who like a thing usually know better than to make a big deal out of it because someone will invariably step in to make them regret it. As a result, the silent majority (or just people who contentedly like a thing) have no desire to share their love. 

I, for instance, really loved The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, but holy hell I don't talk about it much because I always have someone tell me I'm wrong! 

On the flipside (And yes I admit the hypocrisy here), if someone says they liked the last season of Game of Thrones, I am HAPPY to rant for 12 hours about how wrong they are and how atrociously bad it was (Seriously, in the finale when I was watching it, it took me like 3 hours to get through it because I stopped and paused it every 30 seconds to rant for a minute about how stupid that particular line of dialogue was...in the finale of quite possibly my favourite show of all time!). I identify this poor behaviour in myself and yet still am subject to it. 

So yeah, people will bitch about it being white and blue instead of blue and blue. People love to bitch. That is a universal truth. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

sales2099 said:
It’s still weird. Xbox cases work because green is the Xbox color. Don’t like forcing the white which as of now still feels out of place and ignores their history.

That said it’s a game case so I really don’t care much.

Playstation's colour is generally blue, so the cases are blue. The PS5's colour scheme is primarily white, so the white header makes sense. 

What are you even talking about? What asinine point are you trying to make here? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Still looks very eh.
Looks like those placeholder box arts because there isn't an official one yet.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Voted that im pretty much digital only but the cases dont look bad.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
sales2099 said:

Oh don’t mind me. I’m just somebody who will never touch such a thing nm play them. Quite simply the white banner looks too different compared to the past ones. It’s off putting. 

But what I'm saying is that the XBOX has had a green case with green bar (XBO, XSX), a green case with a black bar (OG) and a green case with a white bar (360), which is fine... whereas PlayStation has had a blue case with a blue bar (PS4, Vita), a blue case with a black bar (PS2), but it's apparently "ignoring their history" by having a blue case with a white bar... that's the part I don't understand and I'd like some sort of elaboration on, lol... how exactly is it ignoring their history if they're keeping the blue case, I'd have thought it'd be the other way around lol

Also did the white banner of the 360 games  look too different or offputting? Because I liked those too lol

The 360 banner still had the green which still is a far better standout out as a color. White doesn’t match their brand as i see it, there is no deeper thought process. Simply my first gut instinct. The blue aspect means nothing to me. The white banner just isn’t appealing to the eye imo. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Bristow9091 said:
Runa216 said:

Playstation's colour is generally blue, so the cases are blue. The PS5's colour scheme is primarily white, so the white header makes sense. 

What are you even talking about? What asinine point are you trying to make here? 

It's almost like he's forgetting the X360 was a white console, with games that had green cases and a white banner/header, lol... why should this be any different other than replacing green (The colour of XBOX) with blue (The colour of PlayStation)... weird o.O I just want to know his reasoning behind it...

Oh cmon it was their second console. They don’t have a locked brand identity yet, they were but just a teenager in 2005 ;)

They are growing on me, but as mentioned by @BraLoD and @Leynos in the first few posts, I too, still would have definitely preferred a black or white case.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Bristow9091 said:
sales2099 said:

The 360 banner still had the green which still is a far better standout out as a color. White doesn’t match their brand as i see it, there is no deeper thought process. Simply my first gut instinct. The blue aspect means nothing to me. The white banner isn’t appealing to the eye, it’s that simple imo. 

They didn't originally;

I don't understand what you mean when you say white doesn't match their brand... their brand colour is blue, just like the XBOX is green, and Switch is red... the white is to match with the console, and it's not like they've never had a white console before, I'm literally looking at my white PS4 right now lol. Still wanting to know how they're ignoring their history, when the blue is right there... but then again you've said the blue means nothing to you, which kind of implies you don't actually know their history and how they're associated with the colour blue or something.

White banner to me is just a eyesore. And the part of the PS history, i guess you showed how little I actually knew of their game cover history. But admittedly I never gave the subject much thought. So if it helps to expedite this I’ll concede the history point. 

Yeck. I might just stick to digital next gen. Guess it's not spiderman art's fault, I just really dislike the color scheme.

4 ≈ One