By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More PS5 Game Covers - They're growing on me!

How do you feel about the PS5 game cases now?

They're still awful 11 22.00%

They look bad but aren't awful 6 12.00%

I really don't care: It's... 7 14.00%

They look alright I guess 14 28.00%

They look great 12 24.00%

Total:50

Wouldve liked them better if they were solid white like the console or black like these 

Either way this is inconsequential, never cared much for case design. 

Around the Network

Yeah I really like it. Way prefer it over the PS4 covers. The black on white looks visually striking, yet simple. Works with all art covers for games and makes colorful art really pop. Its an inverse of the PS3 cover which can't go wrong in my eyes.

Also don't get the dislike for blue case, its what keeps the branding they have in there (blue) and fits in with the theme of the console.

Bristow9091 said:
BraLoD said:
It would be gorgeous if the case was white.

If I could make one change it'd definitely be making the case either white or clear, but I'm still fine with them being blue, it really does fit with some games, others not quite though, lol

I mean, why not?

PS3 had red cases for Greatest Hits.

PS4 had blue cases.

Why can't the PS5 have white cases? Just do it.

Jpcc86 said:

Wouldve liked them better if they were solid white like the console or black like these 

Either way this is inconsequential, never cared much for case design. 

Those look sick!

I still think they could be better. I would've preferred the case to be black or white. At the end of the day though, it's just a game case. They matter even less now than they used to.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 125 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 122 mil (was 100 then 130 million) Xbox One: 50 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
John2290 said:

I mean, look at this...

They took the already clean looking Xbox box and made it even cleaner, it looks like the 80's cartridge boxes and puts the art front and center and that optimized for Xbox tag is now moved to the back of the box making it look even cleaner. PS5 cases look like they are illegal copies, just nasty.

And yet I LOVE the case for Spider-Man Miles Morales, lol, think it looks so clean too...

Overcooked and Planet Coaster look good. Far Cry 6 just looks better on the Xbox Series X case due to the color scheme. AC: Valhalla and Watch Dogs look alright..

Still look pretty bad to me.

I still hate it. Why in the world did they not go with all white or all black? White on blue just looks terrible.

Boycott unless they move to stainless steel cases that look all macho except for PS5 logo made in seeds so you water it and it grows like Chiapet.