By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

BYE TB-CHI 2 LAR-WAS 1 BUF-TEN 1
PHI-PIT 2 ARI-NYJ 1 LV-KC 2 JAX-HOU 2
CIN-BAL 2 CAR-ATL 2 MIA-SF 2 NYG-DAL 2
IND-CLE 1 DEN-NE - MIN-SEA 2 LAC-NO 2
  • The Falcons can't defend cardboard cutouts right now, but they are at home and Carolina is without Christian McCaffrey. I will take a chance on Atlanta.
  • I'm usually uncomfortable picking a road team traveling across two more more timezones, but the Cardinals are playing the Jets.
  • Ravens at home facing those Cincinnati knuckleheads. Easiest pick of the day.
  • Wentz put together a good performance last week, but good luck doing that in Pittsburgh. Let's not forget the Steelers are essentially coming off an early bye as well.
  • The Texans are going to be fired up after booting BOB out of the door, so I'm betting on another 0-4 team finally getting its first win. It helps to play the Jaggies.
  • Raiders go to KC. Lol
  • Jared Goff has been putting together a good string of games, meanwhile, Washington benched Haskins in search of some answers at QB. I'll take the Rams.
  • The Dolphins have to go from one coast to the other to play a team that is getting some depth back this week. Second easiest pick of the day.
  • The Vikings suck, and Seattle is their daddy.
  • The Giants suck, and they are on the road. Not a big believer in the Cowboys, but they get a sacrifical lamb this week.

Around the Network

Refs are screwing the Eagles over hard against the Steelers. Eagles are playing amazing defense, but its like the refs have it in for the Eagles. I swear that PI call that led to the Steelers TD was utter BS.

Steelers defense is legit. Their offensive line is shaky. Ben looks old, scared, and not confident at all. He won't finish this season. You heard it from me first.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

As I praise the Steelers defense, the eagles score a 74 yard rush TD. This is supposedly the #1 or 2 defense against the run... hmmm

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Today, even if the Chiefs pull a miracle out of their ass, the Raiders have shown everyone the blueprint on how to beat them.

1) Keep Patrick Mahomes off the field as much as humanly possible. - They put up the time of possession in the 2nd half: The Raiders were on offense for about 10-11 minutes. The Chiefs - Just 4-5 minutes. The best defense is a loooong, time consuming, offensive drive. Especially when you are dealing with a QB like Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc. You are not gonna stop those guys from being who they are. They’re too great and too smart. What you CAN do is limit their opportunities. The best way to do that is to have a strong running game to take the ball, slowly but surely, right down the field and keep the clock ticking. Josh Jacobs has been the star of this game. He’s driving the ball down their gut and they can’t stop him. DO NOT give Mahomes any more time than he already has.

2) When the Chiefs DO have the ball. Beat the ever living shit out of them! Your are not going to stop Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and those guys from being who they are. They’re just THAT good you cannot stop them. What you CAN do is make them EARN it. Force Mahomes into high pressure situations where he has a split second to make a decision. Let him know you’re there. Breathing down his neck. And as for their receivers: Hill, Watkins, Kelce, CEH. When you tackle them: TACKLE THEM! Knock the helmets off their heads. Every time they get up, it should feel like they got split in half by a Goldberg Spear. They don’t like to get physical, they like having their space to operate, which their fast-paced offense, “Legion of Zoom” speed gives them: So GET PHYSICAL! Get right up in their face and let them know you’re out for blood.

Keep them off the field as much the possible and make the little time they DO have on the field a living hell.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 11 October 2020

How about then Cowboys... Get well Dak.

Around the Network

The 49ers are still on pace to go from 1st to worst in their division.

Chris Hu said:
The 49ers are still on pace to go from 1st to worst in their division.

Jimmy G is washed.

The Jets knew I wouldn't have that much free time this year, so they decided to make sure to give me absolutely no reason to watch any of their games. So considerate!

And the decision to go for it inside the Redzone instead of just kicking the FG may come back to bite the Vikings in the ass.

Yep. It sure did.
Not surprised in the slightest.