By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Possible Xbox Series X price leak, by Monster Energy Drinks.

How much will series X cost?

549$ - Halo Infinate sin... 3 15.00%

599$ - Halo Infinate MP is free2play. 10 50.00%

nah... nope... it has to be... cheaper right? 7 35.00%

Total:20

"The Xbox Series X price has possibly leaked. This week, Microsoft confirmed the next Xbox console will release sometime this November. In other words, it will release either on November 6, November 13, or November 20, as it will certainly release on a Friday, but before Black Friday and Cyber Monday. That said, while we now have the narrowest release window for the console yet, there's still no word of a price point, and the rumors are we won't hear about the cost of the next-gen machine until September.

As for the new leak, it comes way of an upcoming Halo Infinite x Monster Energy Drink promotion. The promotion doesn't kick off until September 1, but details on it have already been revealed. Part of the promotion includes Monster Energy giving away 200 prizes that consist of a copy of Halo Infinite and an Xbox Series X console.

For the promotion, Monster divulges that the total ARV of the entire prize pool is $119,998. This means -- via some quick math -- that each prize is worth $599.99. Now, Monster notes the MSRP for the next-gen Xbox console hasn't been revealed yet. That said, it's hard to ignore the estimated value of each prize, especially when it's in the expected price range of the console. Assuming Halo Infinite is a freebie, this would suggest the console is $600, or maybe $550 if Monster and Microsoft aren't absorbing all the cost of each copy of Halo Infinite.

Again, Monster Energy insists the price of the Xbox Series X hasn't been revealed yet. In other words, it's begging for Xbox fans not to look into this too much, but that's exactly what many are doing."

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/xbox-series-x-price-release-cost-600/

Either this is a 599$ Xbox Series X, that you get the free to play Halo Infinate with.....
or its a 549$ Xbox were you get a Free Copy of Halo Infinate (single player) copy of the game.

Which do you think more likely?
Is this why neither Sony or Microsoft are willing to come out and tell us the price of their new upcomeing consoles?
Waiting on each other to be the first one to get that "599$ is doom" tag by the community?

Around the Network

If it's over $500 then they just messed up for the second-gen in a row. I'm kinda amazed this is an ongoing issue for as long as gaming consoles been a thing. I most remember SEGA pricing Saturn at $400. Sony walks up to the podium at E3 1995 and just says "$299". We all know the famous PS3 $599 US dollars meme and this gen PS4 vs Xbox. With their money. Just be mega aggressive and just say $400-450. Include a 2-week code for GP.

$600 is overpriced for a console no matter the insides and in the middle of a pandemic.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

shikamaru317 said:

I’m very doubtful of this. Doesn’t match with what leakers have been saying recently about MS being willing to sell Xbox Series at a loss. It also doesn’t match with what other leakers have been saying about MS delaying their Lockhart reveal and pricing announcement out of August because they want to wait on Sony to announce price first so that they can undercut them with both Series S and Series X. $550 or $600 not only wouldn’t be a loss, it would be a profit for them, since the bill of materials is reportedly in the $460-510 range. I just can’t see this happening. $500 tops with a good chance of $450 imo.

Im very doubtful we would see a 450 price point. I think 500 is the sweet spot and I think gamers will accept it well as they know the power inside. For me 600 would also be ok but I understand most people would be against it. But I really cant see it below 500. As for sony I think the discless version might be 450.

$600 wouldn't surprise me. Both consoles will be $500-$600. I assume XSX costs more to produce than the PS5, more CU's etc. Though the PS5's faster SSD may cost more to produce too, IDK.

But I expect PS5 to be $500+ and the XSX will either be the same price or more.

Since MS doesn't seem to care much about how many Series X's they'll sell, I don't see why they would be willing to take a hit on each console sold. I'm guessing $599 for Series X, $499 for the ps5 and $399 for the ps5 DE. If Series S is real, it will probably be $299, though.

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
Since MS doesn't seem to care much about how many Series X's they'll sell, I don't see why they would be willing to take a hit on each console sold. I'm guessing $599 for Series X, $499 for the ps5 and $399 for the ps5 DE. If Series S is real, it will probably be $299, though.

The cost of the UHD Bluray drive will be about $25. (The UHD Bluray drive in the XBO S was only estimated to cost $33.50 back in 2016). So a $100 price decrease for the digital edition seems unlikely.

I'm not sure what the pricing will be for this digital edition and how they will make it attractive compared to the standard ps5.

$50 less?

Bundled with a game?

More Storage?

They have to do something to make the digital edition more appealing but removing the drive doesn't bring down manufacturing cost much so I'm not sure they can make it an attractive purchase just by lowering it's price, without taking a hit anyway.

Honestly I just can't stop thinking about the specs and the fact that Sony + M$ have waited SO LONG to finally reveal pricing details. Makes it feel like neither of them wants to be the bearer of bad news, even if the systems are the same price. At this point it wouldn't surpise me if it ends up at $599 for the base consoles, $500-550 for the diskless PS5, and $400 for the Series S. A month ago I would never have thought $599 was on the table, but now I fear the worst.

"Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be rewarded" says it all. They simply don't know the real price yet but wanted to let it sound great. They may be right but they just used the maximum price which still sounds believable.

$599.99 is a lot of money but these consoles are very powerful. You should expect to pay that much for these specs.

I'd still buy a PS5 at that price but I guess many others wouldn't. Which is odd considering a new iPhone is double that cost and people upgrade those 2x as often as consoles.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I think it will be $549. There's a reason the XSS exists. And it's not because MS is going to launch the X at $399-$449, prices that would be acceptable to a large portion of gamers.