By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Possible Xbox Series X price leak, by Monster Energy Drinks.

How much will series X cost?

549$ - Halo Infinate sin... 3 15.00%

599$ - Halo Infinate MP is free2play. 10 50.00%

nah... nope... it has to be... cheaper right? 7 35.00%

Total:20

ARV = approximate retail value

This means absolutely nothing

Around the Network

If either company had already a fixed price, they would have revealed it by now. It wouldn't make sense for them to be waiting for the other if they have a price decided already.

Probably $549 with Halo seperate. Given the specs and how much a PC like it would cost I’d say that’s good. Then again the price isn’t official yet so who knows 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Barkley said:

$600 wouldn't surprise me. Both consoles will be $500-$600. I assume XSX costs more to produce than the PS5, more CU's etc. Though the PS5's faster SSD may cost more to produce too, IDK.

But I expect PS5 to be $500+ and the XSX will either be the same price or more.

I think they can take a bigger loss on the discless version because all the sales on that console will give Sony more money as they don't reduce prices on PS store nearly as much as physical games and Sony gets the part of the sale that would normally go to retailers.  Plus a digital console owner is probably more likely to own PS+ AND PS Now and be online focused with his gaming which means microtransactions for them.  Basically I'm saying Sony can bank on making more money long term from a digital console customer.  So they can take $100 less price even if it means a bigger loss on hardware compared to the physical disc console

I am Iron Man

Leynos said:
If it's over $500 then they just messed up for the second-gen in a row. I'm kinda amazed this is an ongoing issue for as long as gaming consoles been a thing. I most remember SEGA pricing Saturn at $400. Sony walks up to the podium at E3 1995 and just says "$299". We all know the famous PS3 $599 US dollars meme and this gen PS4 vs Xbox. With their money. Just be mega aggressive and just say $400-450. Include a 2-week code for GP.

$600 is overpriced for a console no matter the insides and in the middle of a pandemic.

I think $600 would be okay IF the Series S is an appealing product at a significantly lower price. On paper the Series S should still look like a significant upgrade over base 8th gen consoles, which most people own, and they should stress that. However, I would imagine the Series X and PS5 are aiming for the same price.

Not sure if the pandemic really matters. Many millions can still afford a next gen console. But if it does, then it might be a really good thing to have a Series S.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Even Digital Foundry is alluding to $500-$600 consoles. I think both Xbox Series X and PS5 might end up being to be expensive than most people think.

Not that I was going to buy a Series X anyway but $600 would be a yikes price for either console

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

No no no, this doesn't match what my "insiders" are saying at all about price! Insiders like Dusk Golem who got demodded and admitted he lied and made up everything because he didn't like Xbox getting bad press after their last show case.

It's weird, my wife and I are fairly well off financially, but Xbox at $600 seems unreasonable to me. $500 or less? Yep. For some reason that extra $100, which is rather insignificant in the grand view of our finances, puts me into "no buy" territory. I find that odd about myself lol.

$599 isn’t appealing to the masses, doesn’t matter what the specs are.

Never forget E3 2006

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.