By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple removes Fortnite from app store, cant connect to servers. Epic Games Sues.

Pemalite said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Do you really believe that publishers will pass the cost saving down to their customers?

Probably not. But they are opening themselves up for a shit storm if they walk away with a larger % of the profits and throw a price increase on top of it.

Has the lower cost of digital games been passed on to consumers or are they still the same price as the physical versions?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Pemalite said:

Probably not. But they are opening themselves up for a shit storm if they walk away with a larger % of the profits and throw a price increase on top of it.

Has the lower cost of digital games been passed on to consumers or are they still the same price as the physical versions?

Every launch game I've seen the digital price is the same as the physical. 

---

OT: 

Correct me if I'm wrong here...  

- From what I've read Apple (and Google?) takes a 30% cut of the money costumers spent, so if someone spent $10 on V-bucks Apple gets $3, Epic gets $7.
- Recent news Epic cut the cost of V-bucks by 20% so customers would only spend $8 instead of $10, thus Epic gets the full $8 while Apple gets $0

So is Epic doing all of this just to earn themselves an extra 10% while cutting Apple (and Google) out completely?  Or am I missing something more to this?

V-r0cK said:
Pyro as Bill said:

---

OT: 

- From what I've read Apple (and Google?) takes a 30% cut of the money costumers spent, so if someone spent $10 on V-bucks Apple gets $3, Epic gets $7.
- Recent news Epic cut the cost of V-bucks by 20% so customers would only spend $8 instead of $10, thus Epic gets the full $8 while Apple gets $0

So is Epic doing all of this just to earn themselves an extra 10% while cutting Apple (and Google) out completely?  Or am I missing something more to this?

and saving us 2$

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Is Tim on crack?

Fortnite has to be put back on iOS/Play with the 'Epic gets everything' option or Epic will be irreparably damaged? They're trolling at this point. It's so antagonistic they must have decided that they don't need Fortnite on iOS/Play anymore. They have to have accounted for Fortnite being removed until the case is settled and they know how long a case like this could last. FN could have died a natural death by then or be a shadow of it's former self.

Tagged and waiting for developments of this feud. Wondering if @Tachikoma still develops using UE, she could be pissed off like a wasp.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Pyro as Bill said:

---

OT: 

They want to cut them out completely. How long Epic continues to pass on the savings for is yet to be seen.

kirby007 said:
V-r0cK said:

and saving us 2$

Was there a high demand of people on iPhone and Android complaining about the cost of V-bucks or did Epic just suddenly decide to do this out of the blue?

If Epic really wanted to help its consumers save then I feel like they shouldn't have mind cutting their own profits instead of cutting Apple out.  Reduce the %20 to $8 = $2.00 consumer savings, $2.40 to Apple and $5.60 to Epic.

Whatever Epic's reasons were, just seems like Epic knew full well Apple (and Google) wouldn't like this.

If Epic wins I feel like they may end up doing this for PC/PSN/XBL and who knows maybe other companies will follow the same route too.

RolStoppable said:

Epic is doing this to earn an extra 43% for themself. Your $10 example gives Epic $7 (which is then the base value for 100% of what Epic earns), but if Epic got the full $10 of the customer here, that's 43% more than they got before.

The temporary price cut of 20% for customers they issued is merely a tool in the lawsuit because a fundamental part of their argument against Apple is mindshare. The 20% cut is meant to manipulate gamers into thinking that Epic is the good guy and Apple is the bad guy in this case. Epic is seriously showing Twitter and Facebook posts of Fortnite players to the court in order to strengthen their case.

As you have correctly noted, publishers have not passed on the savings of digital distribution in comparison to physical distribution to customers. So should Epic somehow win this case, then publishers will not adjust their prices because they know what customers are used to paying, so that's what they'll continue to charge.

So the 20% cut isn't even a permanent cut and being used as a ploy to make Apple look bad.  Dam, so Epic is purposely trying to dodge Apple and Google and want the full %100 thinking they found a loophole.  That's low considering they knew full well what it meant to put your game on their app store for years.  

Regardless, it seems customers will still get nothing out of this.  Heck customers probably dont even get the 20% savings since Fortnite is no longer playable on mobile lol It's the rich fighting the rich for more riches, that's rich.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Tagged and waiting for developments of this feud. Wondering if @Tachikoma still develops using UE, she could be pissed off like a wasp.   

Is she still around? I miss she continuing her thread on how to make games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Epic using in-game content to try and turn kids into their angry little army by pretending they're oppressed. Absolutely disgusting.