By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple removes Fortnite from app store, cant connect to servers. Epic Games Sues.

Intrinsic said:
Lmao...

I was saying this in the other thread when this shit just started and people were making apple out to be some sort of devil.

I wonder if they still think Epic is a saint.

What gets me is people excusing or trying to lessen the fact that Epic did this on purpose beforehand, defaming another company and trying to make money off parody branding, while at the same time trying to weaponize kids/gamers to fight a corp battle, it's batshit insane how far regular people will go to excuse that disgusting crap. 

Like no matter how hard anyone wants to spin it, the whole weaponizing and having ill-intent beforehand is just downright scummy and makes Epic look seriously bad. It doesn't help with what they've also been doing in the PC space (undercutting everyone, buying up games to starve other storefronts).

It feels like the whole Pepsi/Cola campaigning and adverts for years, have effectively dulled the general populous into siding with corps today, rather than going against them.

Last edited by Chazore - on 22 August 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:

What gets me is people excusing or trying to lessen the fact that Epic did this on purpose beforehand, defaming another company and trying to make money off parody branding, while at the same time trying to weaponize kids/gamers to fight a corp battle, it's batshit insane how far regular people will go to excuse that disgusting crap. 

Like no matter how hard anyone wants to spin it, the whole weaponizing and having ill-intent beforehand is just downright scummy and makes Epic look seriously bad. It doesn't help with what they've also been doing in the PC space (undercutting everyone, buying up games to starve other storefronts).

It feels like the whole Pepsi/Cola campaigning and adverts for years, have effectively dulled the general populous into siding with corps today, rather than going against them.

Yup... it's the cancel culture live in today. People are so eager o sie with the "underdog" that they throw all sense and reason out the window. Being oblivious to the fact that said "underdog" could just actually be 10 times worse than the alternative. If Epic is willing to do and try these underhanded techniques now, can anyone imagine what they would do if they were in the position of steam or apple?

The way I always saw this was simple. If epic were so good, then they should just give the MXT stuff for free. But what they are doing is simply trying to cut out the middleman and sell their stuff (at full price) directly to their users for the sole singular purpose of making more money without having to increase the price of the items. And as I always said, that's all well and good, it's their right to do that. But they shouldn't come back bitching when said middleman cuts hem off their own platform.

Intrinsic said:

Yup... it's the cancel culture live in today. People are so eager o sie with the "underdog" that they throw all sense and reason out the window. Being oblivious to the fact that said "underdog" could just actually be 10 times worse than the alternative. If Epic is willing to do and try these underhanded techniques now, can anyone imagine what they would do if they were in the position of steam or apple?

The way I always saw this was simple. If epic were so good, then they should just give the MXT stuff for free. But what they are doing is simply trying to cut out the middleman and sell their stuff (at full price) directly to their users for the sole singular purpose of making more money without having to increase the price of the items. And as I always said, that's all well and good, it's their right to do that. But they shouldn't come back bitching when said middleman cuts hem off their own platform.

Oh trust me, they will be. They practically have the most popular, most used engine out there so far, and it's even being used for movie productions now. Couple that with their Fornite warchest and the fact they just keep buying tech and other games up, they eventually will be in the positions of those they fight against. They are definitely in this for the long game to becoming a big fish in the industry, and I don't even remotely think they will play fair, because they aren't right now, they won't when they become even bigger. 

Yeah, Epic have this warped philosophy that no middle-man should exist for anything, thus they feel like they should be able to use any network or service free of charge, but also making all the money from said network, while letting that network starve itself because it's making 0% of any cut, because by Tim's dream, none of them would be making anything from anyone, because "Middle-man". 

I can totally see Epic trying to make their own crappy OS of sorts for phones (probably even desktop if they cared) and then just pay phone providers to cram it on over Apple/Google (just like how Epic paid to have UE show up when you type in "Unity engine", like jesus christ the hypocrisy is real).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

"pls but Xcloud on IOS, or we'll make you do it by force"

It's no surprise, especially since most of XGS titles are using UE.

I can't believed we've reached a point where insanely big fish are just going to straight up force another one to open it's walls, while y'know, the other fuckers keep their walls closed.

What's next, 10-20 years in the future, where it's like Megacity 1, and corps just hire PMC's to go in and just murder your competitor's staff, to force a movement?. This is getting beyond silly now.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
"pls but Xcloud on IOS, or we'll make you do it by force"

It's no surprise, especially since most of XGS titles are using UE.

I can't believed we've reached a point where insanely big fish are just going to straight up force another one to open it's walls, while y'know, the other fuckers keep their walls closed.

What's next, 10-20 years in the future, where it's like Megacity 1, and corps just hire PMC's to go in and just murder your competitor's staff, to force a movement?. This is getting beyond silly now.

thats not what this is about this is about UE being available for devs that make use of it on mobile platforms in MS case Forza as prime example, outside of epic

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

i know you dont like epic but your hatred is clouding your judgement.
Why would MS not complain if their game isn't updateable anymore just because its using epics engine.
epics and apples adolecent beef and retaliation shouldnt effect others directly like this, seeing as its in no way related to the fortnite ingame purchase

kirby007 said:
i know you dont like epic but your hatred is clouding your judgement.
Why would MS not complain if their game isn't updateable anymore just because its using epics engine.
epics and apples adolecent beef and retaliation shouldnt effect others directly like this, seeing as its in no way related to the fortnite ingame purchase

Well of course I do, because they are FUCKING AROUND WITH AN OPEN PLATFORM, and trying to turn it into a closed one, filled with bribes and making sure their engine is basically "the" one to use over everything else.

Is Unity as insanely mega rich as Epic?, no, they aren't, so are they on a level playing field?, no they aren't.

MS has games using the very engine Epic made, so it makes sense that they would side with them. Epic knew full well that breaking the ToS and crying to the courts would involve other devs being caught in the crossfire. All they had to do s rollback and undo what they've done and things can go back to normal, but they won't, because Epic wants Apple and anyone else to bend to it's rules. 

You know this would all be done and dusted if Epic just filed a normal case, like any other sane person?. On top of that they have to budge at some point, instead of weaponizing people to do their bidding. 

I don't even like all 3 companies, because all 3 of them have been dicking around with my platform of choice over the years, so no clouded judgement here, I hate them all.

because like any other sane person it wouldn't have had any effect within the forseeable future, atleast were goddamn getting somewhere now

kirby007 said:
because like any other sane person it wouldn't have had any effect within the forseeable future, atleast were goddamn getting somewhere now

Except it's a big company filing a suit, so yes it would have gained something.

We're not getting anywhere at the moment at all. These types of cases take years to finally see a resolve, and even then it can end up with an out of court settlement, and a settlement isn't what Epic wants, it wants to win the entire case.