By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple removes Fortnite from app store, cant connect to servers. Epic Games Sues.

kirby007 said:

thats not what this is about this is about UE being available for devs that make use of it on mobile platforms in MS case Forza as prime example, outside of epic

The Unreal Engine will still be available, it just means that Epic won't be able to update it anymore for Apple systems. And publishers/developers would have to do it themselves.

Also if Epic where to undo the changes they made to Fortnite for iOS they would not lose their developer access. They still have until the 28th of August to do that.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:

The UE will still be available, it just means that Epic won't be able to update it anymore for Apple systems. And publishers/developers would have to do it themselves.

Also if Epic where to undo the changes they made to Fortnite for iOS they would not lose their developer access. They still have until the 28th of August to do that.

exactly. 

All Epic has to fucking do is go with the ToS Apple has set and rollback, but they won't, because they don't want to and they do not agree with the ToS.

This is all on Epic to resolve. They need to agree with the ToS and rollback, or simply get the fuck off the app store and let other devs do what they do.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

A user on Era pretty much sums up Epic's gig:

Weaponise kids - check
Start a promotional competition - check
Make merchandising related to it - check
Use small devs as pawns - check

Epic and UE are not wholly separate from one another.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

is that the one with apple stock?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:

That's splitting hairs. Sweeney's e-mail asked for a special deal, but ended on the note that this same type of deal should be available to all other iOS developers too. So on one hand you have Epic asking for restrictions to be lifted for everyone, but on the other hand it's clear that it's unrealistic for the vast majority of iOS developers to set up their own store and payment methods.

The other news that Microsoft filed a statement in support of Epic is ridiculous. Microsoft is trying to collect brownie points from gamers and developers with that action, but the solution that would serve gamers and developers the most is that Epic withdraws their lawsuit and complies with Apple's terms, because all the reasons why there's an upcoming problem with Unreal Engine and games tied into it go back to Epic's actions as the root cause.

Exactly. This thing is so simple its ridiculous.

You use a service, store...whatever. It should cost something. After all epic collects money from any dev using heir software one sales hit a certain milestone. But somehow, Epic decides that apple (and everyone else if they get it done with apple) shouldn't collect anything from them or wants to strong-arm them in collecting less than the 30% apple takes from everyone else.

The craziest thing here is, Epic also takes 30% from al game sales own its own store.

Simple solution, adhere to the damn TOS of the platform you are on or don't be on the platform.

kirby007 said:
i know you dont like epic but your hatred is clouding your judgement.
Why would MS not complain if their game isn't updateable anymore just because its using epics engine.
epics and apples adolecent beef and retaliation shouldnt effect others directly like this, seeing as its in no way related to the fortnite ingame purchase

Epic should have thought f that before hey started this obviously premeditated action and smear campaign. And this is coming from someone that hates apple. 

Honestly, if I were apple I would be suing for damages or breaking te terms o service and this whole smear nonsense epic has gone onto do.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
RolStoppable said:

That's splitting hairs. Sweeney's e-mail asked for a special deal, but ended on the note that this same type of deal should be available to all other iOS developers too. So on one hand you have Epic asking for restrictions to be lifted for everyone, but on the other hand it's clear that it's unrealistic for the vast majority of iOS developers to set up their own store and payment methods.

The other news that Microsoft filed a statement in support of Epic is ridiculous. Microsoft is trying to collect brownie points from gamers and developers with that action, but the solution that would serve gamers and developers the most is that Epic withdraws their lawsuit and complies with Apple's terms, because all the reasons why there's an upcoming problem with Unreal Engine and games tied into it go back to Epic's actions as the root cause.

Exactly. This thing is so simple its ridiculous.

You use a service, store...whatever. It should cost something. After all epic collects money from any dev using heir software one sales hit a certain milestone. But somehow, Epic decides that apple (and everyone else if they get it done with apple) shouldn't collect anything from them or wants to strong-arm them in collecting less than the 30% apple takes from everyone else.

The craziest thing here is, Epic also takes 30% from al game sales own its own store.

Simple solution, adhere to the damn TOS of the platform you are on or don't be on the platform.

kirby007 said:
i know you dont like epic but your hatred is clouding your judgement.
Why would MS not complain if their game isn't updateable anymore just because its using epics engine.
epics and apples adolecent beef and retaliation shouldnt effect others directly like this, seeing as its in no way related to the fortnite ingame purchase

Epic should have thought f that before hey started this obviously premeditated action and smear campaign. And this is coming from someone that hates apple. 

Honestly, if I were apple I would be suing for damages or breaking te terms o service and this whole smear nonsense epic has gone onto do.

the thing is fortnite and UE dev support are legally 2 entities, but not for apple:)

oh and where did you find that the EGS takes 30%?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

I'm sorry, but what?. 

Chazore said:
kirby007 said:

I'm sorry, but what?. 

the user with apple stock

IOW the one with a bias that is seen from the moon

kirby007 said:

Right, so anyone that isn't in your line of logic automatically has stock in Apple?. 

Do you actually support their entire practices thus far, like the weaponizing of kids and gamers, throwing devs under the bus, making profits from smear campaigns, you support all of that?. 

Chazore said:
kirby007 said:

Right, so anyone that isn't in your line of logic automatically has stock in Apple?. 

Do you actually support their entire practices thus far, like the weaponizing of kids and gamers, throwing devs under the bus, making profits from smear campaigns, you support all of that?. 

1. very bad, kids are dangerous wwooohooo im afraid
2. they dont thow devs under the bus, apples does by not only targetting fortnite but also epics other divisions just to bully
3. smear campaigns? you mean the video ingame and the merch? LMAO

look i said this in this thread before but here we go again : i dont condone epics steps, but the point they make in its essence is valid.
now that people just are so focussed on EPIC BAD just because they have the EGS they fail to see that.
Apple TOS=dogshit