By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite delayed to 2021

loy310 said:
I think at this point Sony can launch PS5 at $600 and it would sell.

Sony will have the same problem. Initially sales will be ok, then they'll fall flat in Januari, more than usual with a new console launch. Early adopters will get it anyway, yet the secondary wave is A out of money and B won't be impressed with all the delays due to covid19. The game industry initially got a boost from all the lock downs while people still had their savings and money not spend at Starbucks etc to spend on gaming. Next year or already now reality will hit, money will be tight, jobs are harder to find. It won't be anything like a normal transition into a new generation and MS is in a good position with game pass discounts to attract new customers.

Around the Network

Yeah, this was the right call. I just finished Halo 2 remastered and the visuals in that game blew Infinity out of the water.

Now that I processed the news I’m okay with this. Bummed out sure and my Series X purchase will have to wait (since it was supposed to be the Halo themed Xbox they always do). Deep down I knew they couldn’t polish the graphics and lighting in 4 months.

That said this has some benefits. They can now polish the rough edges and launch with full features day 1. Series X will have to make due with Medium, CrossfireX, and hopefully console versions of Gears Tactics and Flight SIM. Not like Sony is bringing their A game at launch: Spiderman MM is a small scale expansion. Those titles can hold their own during the launch months with multiplat staples.

But also this means 2021 is now a much better year for Xbox games. They are doing the slow burn tactics that PS does, unintentional though it may be.

Last edited by sales2099 - on 11 August 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The game obviously needed more time to cook in the oven, rather than push to release this year. Its a good choice.

Though, this will effect console sales this Holiday... MS won't tarnish the Halo name by releasing an unfinished/unpolished product, which imo is much more important.

sales2099 said:

Now that I processed the news I’m okay with this. Bummed out sure and my Series X purchase will have to wait (since it was supposed to be the Halo themed Xbox they always do). Deep down I knew they couldn’t polish the graphics and lighting in 4 months.

That said this has some benefits. They can now polish the rough edges and launch with full features day 1. Series X will have to make due with Medium, CrossfireX, and hopefully console versions of Gears Tactics and Flight SIM. Not like Sony is bringing their A game at launch: Spiderman MM is a small scale expansion. Those titles can hold their own during the launch months with multiplat staples.

But also this means 2021 is now a much better year for Xbox games. They are doing the slow burn tactics that PS does, unintentional though it may be.

There is zero chance at a Flight Simulator version for console at launch. They haven't started on that yet and are still very busy getting the PC version finished. None of the roadmaps even mention a console version. The game is still very demanding with plenty stutters and frame rate drops. Ok for PC release but nowhere near stable enough for a console release. Some features still need to be added and plenty bug fixes (auto pilot crashes, hills in lakes etc)

By the end of the month we should have a new roadmap for post launch. Maybe that will mention a console version
https://realsport101.com/misc/flight-simulator/microsoft-flight-simulator-release-date-gameplay-trailer-graphics-xbox-next-gen-news/

There is also no information regarding a Next-Gen console release, however, thanks to Smart Delivery, it’s highly likely you’ll be able to play the game on Xbox Series X.

It will come but likely somewhere in 2021.

Anyway, I'll be flying next Tuesday or Wednesday depending on how well Azure can handle 150 GB downloads for all the pre-orders (No pre load ugh)

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

At least you stopped calling SM-MM flagship.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:
TheRealOne said:

While this is true. I wouldn’t agree this time with Halo being a flagship launch title. 

What do they have now?

If they smart they ensure Gears Tactics and Flight SIM are there day 1 for Series X. While on PC Series X will appeal to console gamers so I believe those 2 will still make a impact. Also timed exclusives like Medium and CrossfireX. Imo that’s enough against Spiderman MM and Bugsnax. 

I mean Xbox One had a ton of bad things going for it, which Series X doesn’t have itself, and XB1 still managed to sell out at launch. Their exclusives all weren’t mind blowing either. Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 were good games but not the best in their IP history. Ryse was panned as we know.

So really the launch isn’t ruined. And now 2021 will ensure Xbox momentum when Halo is ready instead of the drop off Xbox One had after launch. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

First good Halo news I've heard in a long time. Sanity prevailed. From the look of it, I'd say it still needs half a year longer at least.

Whether releasing at launch or halfway through year one, this'll still be the biggest exclusive on either next-gen twin, with the other likely and notable titles being Gran Turismo 7 and Forza Horizon 5.

It was always going to be a slow year overall for both systems, just like most launch years, so it made no sense to rush this game out in a half-baked state.

eva01beserk said:
This has its good part and bad part. Good for the game as it really needed more time as it looked like a 360 game. Bad for the series x as now the launch will be lackluster. On top they seem to care only for gamepass and the series x was a side thing. Also bad for 343 cuz after 5 years that's what they had. There is a really big problem under the xbox studios and it has nothing to do with them having less studios than Sony. Them buying more to match them seems to only be the bare minimum.

You must have owned a pretty souped-up 360...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

They are lucky they have 3rd party games to support them at launch especially with cyberpunk being delayed.

Pocky Lover Boy!