By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite delayed to 2021

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Nope they don`t share much similarities. MS made a show to be first look on 3rd party games for XSX and it majorly had cutscene, Sony made a show about PS4 games and PSVR with lot of gameplay, how is that similar at all?

Have these same people said PS5 have a lot to push the console? Haven`t seem it, so you are just complaining of a non-factor.

I meant more like each show was their B tier games. Like I said Sony just set better expectations beforehand. 

I get your last point but it strikes me as a blatant double standard to say Xbox has no launch games pushing hardware but the problem is by no means unique to them. Thus to me the argument is moot if any core point is Xbox v PS related. 

Well on the first one let's agree to disagree =p we both know what we meant but doesn't matter much.

On the second one, I do agree it is unfair to talk bad about MS not having games to push the sales since Sony also doesn't really have any as far as we know. The problem would be that people was really excited to have Halo Infinite on launch and now it won't be there. But yep, sales wise PS5 will have advantage due to momentum and fanbase but on SW announced for launch so far MS isn't that far behind Sony. Sure I will point that Sony decided to put TLOU2 and GoT earlier in the year instead of holding for launch, but anyway they aren't showing much reason to buy PS5 I agree.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Maybe you misunderstood. Push sales and the IP is popular? Sure. It’s more or less agreed upon it’s based off the 2018 original in many aspects. It’s not pushing the hardware. Doesn’t mean it won’t sell. 

By the conversation we thought you were talking on pushing console sales not the hardware. By what was show it really didn't look like it was.

Np. To me it’s just common sense it’s pushing hardware sales. It’s Spiderman. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

I meant more like each show was their B tier games. Like I said Sony just set better expectations beforehand. 

I get your last point but it strikes me as a blatant double standard to say Xbox has no launch games pushing hardware but the problem is by no means unique to them. Thus to me the argument is moot if any core point is Xbox v PS related. 

Well on the first one let's agree to disagree =p we both know what we meant but doesn't matter much.

On the second one, I do agree it is unfair to talk bad about MS not having games to push the sales since Sony also doesn't really have any as far as we know. The problem would be that people was really excited to have Halo Infinite on launch and now it won't be there. But yep, sales wise PS5 will have advantage due to momentum and fanbase but on SW announced for launch so far MS isn't that far behind Sony. Sure I will point that Sony decided to put TLOU2 and GoT earlier in the year instead of holding for launch, but anyway they aren't showing much reason to buy PS5 I agree.

Thank you, very much agree. Essentially the only system seller at launch is the brand itself. In this regard maybe it’s better Halo is held off until demand dies down. That way it gives Xbox a shot in the arm to keep 2021 going strong. The only real downside is fans like myself having to wait. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Manlytears said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Depends on what they're trying to do. I genuinely believe they can make a stunning 4K/60 fps game on the Series X. I am looking forward to seeing Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 at 4K/60 fps and with better visual settings on Series X.

However, if 343 really wants to push some next gen effects like ray tracing, then there need to be compromises.

I don't think 120 fps mode was promising 4K by the way.

I hope you are correct, trying to use 4k / 120 is a big mistake, the game would be ugly (worse than many games in the current gen). Also, i agree that 4k/60  is good for some games ( but most time anything over 1440P is unnecessary).

EnricoPallazzo said:
Manlytears said:

Native 4K/120fps is a gigantic trap for Halo: Infinite and Xbox game studios, they need to go whit lower resolution, perhaps 1440p. Talk about power is good, but than come and start to taunt native 4k/120fps realy creates problems for devs... if they keep things at native 4k/120 it doesn't matter if the game will be delayed for 1 year or more, game is going to look bad, and all PS5 games made with "freedom of FPS / resolution" will be infinitely superior visually.

while I definitely want games to run at 60fps (which they wont in the near future probably) I dont see a reason to push for 120. A lot of people dont even care about 60fps. 120 seems to be just a waste of resources that will please only a very small portion of the fanbase.

i agree whit you, but some games realy make good use of 120FPS. I mean, it's good to play things like Overwatch on PC, but most of the time 30/60 is enough.
Some people will disagree with me but 30 FPS are good for some games.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Thank you, very much agree. Essentially the only system seller at launch is the brand itself. In this regard maybe it’s better Halo is held off until demand dies down. That way it gives Xbox a shot in the arm to keep 2021 going strong. The only real downside is fans like myself having to wait. 

Yep if Halo delay is like 2-3 months that will basically even play out in Xbox favor if the game really is much better in visual than on the July show, and the Holiday+launch+fanbase is certain that MS can sell perhaps even 5M on launch if they have inventory and good price. Halo after that by January-March (I don't know the exact day for tax return or a new wave of covid checks) would just give it sustained sales for a little longer than holiday, the matter would be what they have in the oven for holiday 2021 that is probably where they could make a big bang with inventory.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
padib said:
eva01beserk said:

How long was that and what did nintendo changed? Cuz as far as Im aware nintendo had a flop console that nobody wanted and they ditched it and got successful. They at no point changed any strategies. they keep making the same games they always made. They still have the same kind of events they had for a while. No over promising, very few cg trailers. 

Sorry but no. The issue that nintendo had to overcome is worlds apart from what the xbox has to. That after 10 years its still on a decline while the complain is the same. 

They changed strategies very often, especially during the Iwata era. You need to go read their IR events litterature to gain insight.

Nintendo has learned a lot along the way, so is Microsoft, and they will most probably succeed.

Feel free to be doubtful, just do it with knowledge and by bringing interesting ideas to the table. Pure doubt can be bad.

Its because MS has earned the doubt over the years. Up until today we still have only promises and their one big game turned out to be a dud grapically. You telling me they have changed and them saying they learned from may but go to do the same in july tells me that they havent changed at all. Unlike nintendo that tryed all it could with the wii u, still failed then they killed it and moved on. Nintendo knew when to stop. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
Barkley said:

Spider-Man sold over 15m copies... you think Spider-Man Miles Morales won't push the console? It may be smaller inscope than the original game (a.k.a Lost Legacy compared to UC4) but it will do very well and will certainly push the PS5.

It needs to have only a fraction of the impact that the original had to push the PS5. Even if it's not a full fledged sequel, Miles Morales is going to be huge.

Maybe you misunderstood. Push sales and the IP is popular? Sure. It’s more or less agreed upon it’s based off the 2018 original in many aspects. It’s not pushing the hardware. Doesn’t mean it won’t sell. 

Are you sure about that?

eva01beserk said:
padib said:

They changed strategies very often, especially during the Iwata era. You need to go read their IR events litterature to gain insight.

Nintendo has learned a lot along the way, so is Microsoft, and they will most probably succeed.

Feel free to be doubtful, just do it with knowledge and by bringing interesting ideas to the table. Pure doubt can be bad.

Its because MS has earned the doubt over the years. Up until today we still have only promises and their one big game turned out to be a dud grapically. You telling me they have changed and them saying they learned from may but go to do the same in july tells me that they havent changed at all. Unlike nintendo that tryed all it could with the wii u, still failed then they killed it and moved on. Nintendo knew when to stop. 

If the biggest issue they have is a lack of showmanship this is gonna be a good gen for Xbox. Compared to 2013 a lack of clear communication is a blessing and frankly a bit nit picky to find flaws. Lol in the end who really cares if they can’t communicate their intentions for showings. 

They spent untold hundreds of millions to have more studios cranking away then PS, in the end the games will do the talking. Gameplay is inevitable. 

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

Are you sure about that?

Positive. That’s a top notch cross-gen screen you got there. Insomniac is a top tier dev. Not made from ground up on PS5 though. They admitted many assets are upgraded from the base game.  

sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

Are you sure about that?

Positive. That’s a top notch cross-gen screen you got there. Insomniac is a top tier dev. Not made from ground up on PS5 though. They admitted many assets are upgraded from the base game.  

Just because it uses the same engine, doesn't mean it isn't specifically designed for the ps5's hardware. Here's a comparison.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 13 August 2020