By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite delayed to 2021

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Im not gona say your are wrong, but how much more learning and listening do we really need before they have a decent show without massive backlash? After a point you kind expect them to just keep screwing up. 

If you always looking for something to hate then you will never be disappointed. Also ironic Sony’s recent State of Play was largely panned online and yet it got nowhere close to the May event backlash. Definitely a double standard here.  

I saw the May event as what it was: interesting A-AA games. The July event showed me they taking 1st party seriously. The Halo delay is just lost time and me being bummed out waiting because it can only improve now. 

Sony said several days ahead of time (basically at the same time they confirmed the event) that the SOP was about PS4 and PSVR, with no news to be revealed for PS5, just some gameplay for already showed PS5 3rd party games. They delivered exactly what they promissed, all but one game was pure gameplay. The new game was a PS5 reveal (even though they said they wouldn't put anything new).

So you are really making an odd comparison.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

If there is no game pushing XSX, and they rely on 3rd party that will also be on PS5 that Sony is pushing much more, momentum will favor PS5 tremendously.

It’s not that simple as MS has marketing deals with high profile games like Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla. And in general if Series X can in fact hit resolution and/or FPS benchmarks that PS5 struggles to hit that can also go into Xbox’s favour. Just like the early years where it was gaming news every time a multiplat had inferior resolution on XBOne , word of mouth can do it’s thing. 

Otherwise to be fair there is no game pushing PS5 at launch either. They are banking on the Spiderman name more then anything. 

X1 had exclusivity of mode on Fifa at launch, that didn't tip a iota the sales of both in Europe or even the sales of Fifa on the platforms. But sure, perhaps marketing deals could give sales to Xbox.

And sure there is only Spiderman that we know of that could push consoles for PS5. But that would be if we ignore the fanbase in favor of Playstation is already much bigger and Sony have focusing more on faster transition.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Im not gona say your are wrong, but how much more learning and listening do we really need before they have a decent show without massive backlash? After a point you kind expect them to just keep screwing up. 

If you always looking for something to hate then you will never be disappointed. Also ironic Sony’s recent State of Play was largely panned online and yet it got nowhere close to the May event backlash. Definitely a double standard here.  

I saw the May event as what it was: interesting A-AA games. The July event showed me they taking 1st party seriously. The Halo delay is just lost time and me being bummed out waiting because it can only improve now. 

Thats true. Im going into theese events thinking MS overhyped things, so for them to impres me they have to really hit it out of the park.

To add to what @DonFerrari said. Expectations where also hyped up by fans and youtubers with leaks, expecultions and so much more for all theese events. Things where going wild for both events but the aproach by the companies where very diferent as MS fed into the hype while sony killed it and told them exactly what to expect so fans where not disapointed. I know I was one who actually belived GOW 5 was actually gona be shown and some other big game. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Sony said several days ahead of time (basically at the same time they confirmed the event) that the SOP was about PS4 and PSVR, with no news to be revealed for PS5, just some gameplay for already showed PS5 3rd party games. They delivered exactly what they promissed, all but one game was pure gameplay. The new game was a PS5 reveal (even though they said they wouldn't put anything new).

sales2099 said:

It’s not that simple as MS has marketing deals with high profile games like Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla. And in general if Series X can in fact hit resolution and/or FPS benchmarks that PS5 struggles to hit that can also go into Xbox’s favour. Just like the early years where it was gaming news every time a multiplat had inferior resolution on XBOne , word of mouth can do it’s thing. 

Otherwise to be fair there is no game pushing PS5 at launch either. They are banking on the Spiderman name more then anything. 

X1 had exclusivity of mode on Fifa at launch, that didn't tip a iota the sales of both in Europe or even the sales of Fifa on the platforms. But sure, perhaps marketing deals could give sales to Xbox.

And sure there is only Spiderman that we know of that could push consoles for PS5. But that would be if we ignore the fanbase in favor of Playstation is already much bigger and Sony have focusing more on faster transition.

Just saying aside from pre-show messaging, the SoP and the May event shared much similarities. And X1 had....a stigma at launch to put it mildly. Luckily that’s not the case this time so well see. PS brand power likely has a edge by default of course. It just intrigues me when people say X1 has nothing pushing the console at launch when that’s the same case on the competition. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

It just intrigues me when people say X1 has nothing pushing the console at launch when that’s the same case on the competition. 

Spider-Man sold over 15m copies... you think Spider-Man Miles Morales won't push the console? It may be smaller inscope than the original game (a.k.a Lost Legacy compared to UC4) but it will do very well and will certainly push the PS5.

It needs to have only a fraction of the impact that the original had to push the PS5. Even if it's not a full fledged sequel, Miles Morales is going to be huge.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Just saying aside from pre-show messaging, the SoP and the May event shared much similarities. And X1 had....a stigma at launch to put it mildly. Luckily that’s not the case this time so well see. PS brand power likely has a edge by default of course. It just intrigues me when people say X1 has nothing pushing the console at launch when that’s the same case on the competition. 

Nope they don`t share much similarities. MS made a show to be first look on 3rd party games for XSX and it majorly had cutscene, Sony made a show about PS4 games and PSVR with lot of gameplay, how is that similar at all?

Have these same people said PS5 have a lot to push the console? Haven`t seem it, so you are just complaining of a non-factor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

Spider-Man sold a lot through bundles. I don’t think sales is saying it’s not a big game but it’s certainly not a launch killer app. Isn’t it not even a full game but more of a Lost Legacy type game?

I got the platinum in the original and have no desire to go back unless the core game is changed dramatically, but have we even seen the game outside of a trailer?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Spider-Man sold a lot through bundles. I don’t think sales is saying it’s not a big game but it’s certainly not a launch killer app. Isn’t it not even a full game but more of a Lost Legacy type game?

I got the platinum in the original and have no desire to go back unless the core game is changed dramatically, but have we even seen the game outside of a trailer?

Always merry over Sony titles.

Barkley said:

sales2099 said:

It just intrigues me when people say X1 has nothing pushing the console at launch when that’s the same case on the competition. 

Spider-Man sold over 15m copies... you think Spider-Man Miles Morales won't push the console? It may be smaller inscope than the original game (a.k.a Lost Legacy compared to UC4) but it will do very well and will certainly push the PS5.

It needs to have only a fraction of the impact that the original had to push the PS5. Even if it's not a full fledged sequel, Miles Morales is going to be huge.

Rumors are that its a smaller game.... ei 15-20 hours or so of gameplay.
However its supposed to ship with the normal version of Spiderman too.

So people that buy a PS5, and get Miles Morales, will also get the PS4 spiderman game.
(which will have a 4k/60 mode, and some added graphics improvements)

And yes, I suspect that should be enough to push a few sales of the PS5 hardware.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Hardware sales was well up, when spiderman launched.
Isnt that the definition of a system seller?

Also any game that sells 15m, even if a million or two, are from bundles.... is impressive, and could be easily deemed a "killer app".

"Isn’t it not even a full game but more of a Lost Legacy type game?"
Yes its a 15-20 hour game.
However it comes with the old PS4 spiderman game, so that any Miles Morales sale, is also a Spiderman (PS4) game sale.
Spiderman will get a enhancement to run 4k/60 and some minor graphics upgrades.

"I got the platinum in the original and have no desire to go back unless the core game is changed dramatically, but have we even seen the game outside of a trailer?"

There was gameplay elements in the trailer, I think. Game looks gorgeous, esp in motion.
Well even if your done with the spiderman game, after your playthrough, theres still the Miles Morales part.
And others might enjoy seeing it in 4k/60.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 13 August 2020

JRPGfan said:
Barkley said:

Rumors are that its a smaller game.... ei 15-20 hours or so of gameplay.
However its supposed to ship with the normal version of Spiderman too.

So people that buy a PS5, and get Miles Morales, will also get the PS4 spiderman game.
(which will have a 4k/60 mode, and some added graphics improvements)

And yes, I suspect that should be enough to push a few sales of the PS5 hardware.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Hardware sales was well up, when spiderman launched.
Isnt that the definition of a system seller?

Also any game that sells 15m, even if a million or two, are from bundles.... is impressive, and could be easily deemed a "killer app".

"Isn’t it not even a full game but more of a Lost Legacy type game?"
Yes its a 15-20 hour game.
However it comes with the old PS4 spiderman game, so that any Miles Morales sale, is also a Spiderman (PS4) game sale.
Spiderman will get a enhancement to run 4k/60 and some minor graphics upgrades.

"I got the platinum in the original and have no desire to go back unless the core game is changed dramatically, but have we even seen the game outside of a trailer?"

There was gameplay elements in the trailer, I think. Game looks gorgeous, esp in motion.

In dry land of console launch I do expect Miles Morales to pull good SW numbers

LudicrousSpeed said:
Spider-Man sold a lot through bundles.

NPD game charts based on revenue do not include sales of bundled titles. Spider-Man was the highest selling launch for a PlayStation exclusive ever, and for total 2018 sales outperformed even multiplatform titles such as Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World and Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Without any bundles Spider-Man crushed it.